FSR - Canada brings new winners for Precision

Canada brings new winners for Precision

A strong weekend at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve saw Precision Motorsports grab victory in all Formula SimRacing categories and furthermore strengthening championship leads.

World Series provided a tight qualifying session where Cyril Werdmuller came out as the best in third, while Fred Gosling and Mattias Stahre qualified in the top six. The race quickly turned out to be a battle between Werdmuller and Lukas Euler after several unforced mistakes from competitors. After a solid pit strategy and error-free 70 laps Werdmuller crossed the chequered flag first, to take his first career win in style. Stahre once again showed racecraft by finishing third, whereas Fred Gosling after several incidents from cars carried home in ninth.

Press_24.jpg

In World Trophy Ajibola Lawal, after a few more quiet races, was the man to put the pace early on, settling for pole in a brilliant lap time in front of Pedro Melim. Not much did the pattern race, as Lawal in spite of early damage maintained the lead, but had to give it up for team-mate Melim in the mid part of the race. The end was however the Britons, as Lawal's overtake finally brought him the long-awaited first victory. Melim continued to secure his championship position through the second place, whilst Emre Uysal had to retire this time.

Press_25.jpg

World Championship provided another ultra-tight qualifying, and this time the Precion cars were the ones to beat in qualifying as well, as Bono Huis secured pole just ahead of Ronny Hähnel. After the first few laps with David Greco following closely, the race was in the hands of the Precision duo, which exchanged positions a couple of times. Mr consistency, Rasmus Tali, this time found himself in the midpack and an unfortunate contact with Bruno Marques lead to the stall of car and another retirement for the Estonian. Team-mate Jaakko Mikkonen did not have much better luck, as the Finn's car unsettled from contact with fellow countryman Mikko Puumalainen, consequently leading into terminal damage in crash with Fredrik Nilsson.
After the one and only pit stop Hähnel was able to increase the gap ever so slightly to Huis and secure a healthy lead for the final laps. The German could eventually cruise home to be the third Precision driver scoring his first victory on Montreal, which came well-deserved after several unlucky races. Huis finished in second to take the championship lead, which he now holds by 9 points in front of second placed Marques. Precision maintains a lead in the constructors' championship as well with 9 points in front of Twister-Racing.

Press_26.jpg

The series continue this weekend at Valencia, where Precision is hoping to continue strong after the success on the streets of Montreal.

Ondrej Kuncman , Precision Motorsports team manager commented:
"Unexpectedly a strong weekend. 3 wins for 3 drivers who haven't won yet this season. All 4 WC drivers now won a race in 2010, which is a huge success. We knew the car was quite ok but surely we expected Twister to be a lot stronger than they were. Overall we can be happy, but not too happy. Leoncavallo team in all categories got into many incidents which resulted in a few DNFs, crucially for Rasmus who has now lost the WC lead."

Ajibola Lawal (1st) commented:
"Qualifying was decent with a pole position.The first stint was just a case of pushing at my maximum considering I had some damage in the car. I pitted and came out in the lead two laps later. From here on I was two seconds ahead when I came to a few backmarkers which made my lead very small and allowed Pedro to pass me. From here on I just continued pushing and managed to retake the lead and my first FSR win. Overall was a good race and hopefully I can win again next time around."

Cyril Werdmuller (1st) commented:
"This track gives me good memories because I won my first formula 1 race on an rFactor server here, so before this race I was very confident I could do a good job here.
The qualification went quite well. I was a bit unlucky that I lost the pole position in the last minute but nevertheless P3 was a great result as well. After having a decent start and keeping my position after turn 1 the race was going smooth for me. I was able to get P1 but with Lukas Euler close in my mirrors. He did a good job pressuring me but gladly I could keep him behind. After my one and only pitstop I was able to maintain the lead and drive away from Euler to get my first victory in FSR ever! I am really pleased with this victory and I want to thank the team for all the effort and feedback they gave me."

Ronny Hähnel (1st) commented:
"What a great weekend for me! I'm very happy about my first vicory in FSR.
Qualifying went very well with a new personal best. The race was very tricky because Bono and I tried to pull away from Greco, which worked almost perfectly. Before the first pit stop I knew the only way to win was to pit one lap earlier then Bono to get a 2-second gap so that Bono wouldn't be able to use my slipstream anymore. After the pitstop I had the expected lead and tried to push again. From then on it was only about to bring the car home.
Now we are leading the teams' championship and still the drivers' championship wich make me happy as well, so I'm looking forward to Valencia."

Bono Huis (2nd) commented:
"First of all congratulations to Ronny for a great drive. He was too fast for me. I could keep up with him in first stint but when he had a gap after the pitstop, he was gone. I tried for some laps to close the gap a bit but then I was just making too many little mistakes. So I decided to save the car and bring the car home in P2. A great result for Precision, I want to thank the whole team for some great setup work once again."

Precision Motorsports
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%