FSR 2015 Winter Series Round 3

@Will Barnes
Great photo Will. There was me thinking the sudden loss of sunlight was due to my new
Tag Heuer 27 6001 191 Polarised Photochromic Sunglasses kicking in but no it was a car parked on top of me blocking out the sun.

Never one to excel in quali today I was over 1 sec off my PB which put me P18 of 18.
I think we were bound to have some action as you had resolved to not be a soft touch under attack and I had resolved to not be so cautious on opening laps.

The T1 contact, it's never easy side by side. I had some nice overlap, you covered T1 and my plan was to keep to the edge of the track and try to have the apex for T3.

I think tonight with a clean run I would have fought Martin for P10. But with several contacts in the opening sequence Martin had 17 sec cushion. Grats @Martin Bulgin on your points finish.

Still small steps forwards. Finished the race, only lapped by P1-4. Lapped at lap 23.
Race pace was poss appr +2.5 sec to leaders. No unforced errors.
and we had skins this week, well done.

Last edited:
Many thanks to the organizers and broadcasters. I'm happy to have a couple of points on the board, although I was helped by a low turnout.

Quali wasn't great for me. 7 tenths off my personal best but I would only have been one place higher on the grid even if I had done a PB. P13 on the grid.

Had a good first lap in which I was very lucky to narrowly miss a lot of crashed cars. Then it was just a matter of keeping the gap to Martin behind and there was a huge gap ahead which I didn't worry about too much and that was it for P9. Very uneventful after the first lap. I had a big spin at T2 somewhere in the middle because I accidentally shifted down too much and that was it.

Unfortunately I don't think I will make it for Istanbul which is a shame because I love that track. If all goes to plan I should be sending my motherboard off for repairs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%