FSR 2015 Main Series Mod Beta - Feedback

Ya 930 build.
Do you had ai or other drivers on track with you? I think it was probably because I wasnt able to dry the line as fast as the rain was falling.
I saw there is some setting to limit the max depth of rain on track.

As i did a couple of laps with the mod i have some little notes to post:
- Downforce in slowcorners is good now. i like it but in my opinion the mod is way too fast. so downforce in general is maybe way to high.
- i like the new tires. They are lasting the same to me. According to the spin-issue i have to say that i like the way its done, because if you see F1 nowadays in race or practise or whatever. as soon as someone spins they will change tires because the tires are too much damaged in order to get reliable data for a race (in practise) or to keep the strategy working. so i like it.
- sounds: those V8 are okay to me... but some nice V10 i would prefere
- Dirty air: i think the DA effect on the front is way too much whereas the rearend isn't affected at all (so it felt to me) if we could try a 0.7 version maybe with litely increased downforce in the front or bit less downforce on the rear WHILE BEING IN DIRTY AIR

otherwise the mod is really good :)

Ya 930 build.
Do you had ai or other drivers on track with you? I think it was probably because I wasnt able to dry the line as fast as the rain was falling.
I saw there is some setting to limit the max depth of rain on track.

Nope i had only RR to x3 and without rain. The major problem with the previous realroad is that the rear of the field during a race had almost a dry line whereas the front runner had wet line.
I did some laps alone with the mod and MostlyCloudy/Rain at interlagos and the car was fine. Maybe your car wasn't good set for the rain... :/
From trackmap plugin : Rain 60% WET on : 33% OFF 100%

For all of those talking about downforce, the car has exactly the same downforce as last season's mod. Not even one value of the aero department has been changed. Basically it's the same mod but with less grip gain due to realroad, but tires have overall 5% more grip in exchange, therefore the car is less slippery on low track grip conditions compared to last season. The other change is the addittion of the new chassis flex feature of rF2.

Edit: damper settings seem different as well.

Yep, other David changed damper ratios slightly.

Regarding rain, there should be no change from last year because those features ISI introduced in build 930 (basic aquaplaning etc) only takes effect in newer mods or unless you know how to make use of those parameters, it doesn't affect old mods. So for me rain is still same as it was last year, it's quite useless without cooling/aquaplaning.

Dirty air is unchanged, it should have been mentioned. I don't know what the plan is to improve it and how, it's not something one man can tune.

Sorry server had fixed sets checked. Unchecked and restarted.
I also increased the realroad rate to 5x. The base is still 50%.

well, for the dirty air, i think the only way is to hear from the teams, if they want it like it is, or make changes and which changes, then the modding team can try make the changes.

Anyway, last year the downforce was already too high. We were taking fast corners too fast and slow corners too slow, but there could be many other facts, such as grip with different loads on tires. I think the matter is way more complex than just one value, but if you ask me I would put less grip on tracks.

Easier solution.

Less grip means less overtaking outside of the racing line, less downforce means more difficulties to follow other cars. Both means less exciting racing and less fun for viewers.

Last edited:
Less grip means more little mistakes, which means more overtaking. If everyone is on rails it's very difficult to overtake, racing line just can't be too OP with grip like it was last year. And dirty air shouldn't be that effective. You should have more grip in fast corners and less in slow corners so I think the downforce and overall grip were ok last year but the grip difference between racing line and out of the line was too big, I like the new car more tho as the grip makes the tyres wear less and I'm really not a fan of those F1 Pirelli spec tyres.

So I think less difference in grip between on/off the racing line, less effective dirty air and downforce/overall grip between last years mod and now would be great imo.

I don't think the racing line was too grippy but dirty air could certainly be reduced. There really seems to be too much downforce. The car has immense grip with very low wings at Spa. That also means that braking zones are much shorter so there's less chance of overtaking

Anyway, last year the downforce was already too high. We were taking fast corners too fast and slow corners too slow, but there could be many other facts, such as grip with different loads on tires. I think the matter is way more complex than just one value, but if you ask me I would put less grip on tracks.

Easier solution.
Aerodynamics is right, grip is right, is how the tyres are that allow for too much stress on it. in rf1 this was easily so to say to solve, but in rf2 it is not.

General for the grip, stop saying about grip and aerodynamics. Unless ISI comes with better tyres feel on the limit, there is nothing we can do about it. Anyway if TOA wants to have less grip/downforce, I would suggest to reduce equally in every direction the downforce (but is not the real issue, but it could give a feeling of less wing). But this needs to be done quickly and I do not recommend it, there is no time, teams have started to do pre-season testings.

Less grip means more little mistakes, which means more overtaking. If everyone is on rails it's very difficult to overtake, racing line just can't be too OP with grip like it was last year. And dirty air shouldn't be that effective. You should have more grip in fast corners and less in slow corners so I think the downforce and overall grip were ok last year but the grip difference between racing line and out of the line was too big, I like the new car more tho as the grip makes the tyres wear less and I'm really not a fan of those F1 Pirelli spec tyres.

So I think less difference in grip between on/off the racing line, less effective dirty air and downforce/overall grip between last years mod and now would be great imo.

on/off racing line already is roughly 50% less difference than last year (checked the tyre files), and I believe that if we reduce it even more, we could as well go back to rFactor1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%