FSR 2015 Ace Information

Kris Cobb

Avid Chronic Racing | Team Principal
Welcome to the 2015 Season of the Ace Series Championship.

Information
Race Director: Blair Disley
Assistant Race Director: Carlos Martin
Race Length: 80% (1 Race)
Mod: FSR 2015 Custom
Aids Allowed: Clutch Assistance Only

Media/Press Team
Cameras/Broadcast: Sam Jones
Commentators: James Sadler and Jeroen Kweekel
Articles: Alessio Campus

Calendar
4th April 2015 Australian Grand Prix, Melbourne
11th April 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix, Sepang
25th April 2015 Chinese Grand Prix, Shanghai
16th May 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir
30th May 2015 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal
13th June 2015 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg
27th June 2015 German Grand Prix, Hockenheim
11th July 2015 British Grand Prix, Silverstone
SUMMER BREAK
29th August 2015 Italian Grand Prix, Monza
12th September 2015 Luxembourg Grand Prix, Nurburgring
26th September 2015 Singapore Grand Prix, Singapore
3rd October 2015 Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka
17th October 2015 United States Grand Prix, Austin
7th November 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix, Interlagos
*Circuits Subject to change

Race Day Scedule
Saturday, 15:35 GMT: Server opens for PQ 1 *
Saturday, 15:45 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 1 *
Saturday, 16:00 GMT: Server opens for PQ 2 *
Saturday, 16:05 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 2 *
Saturday, 16:20 GMT: Practice
Saturday, 16:35 GMT: Qualifying 1
Saturday, 16:45 GMT: Qualifying 2
Saturday, 16:50 GMT: Warmup
Saturday, 17:00 GMT: Race 1
Saturday, 18:30 GMT: Grid 2 Warm-up *
Saturday, 18:35 GMT: Grid 2 Race *
*Optional Sessions; see Ace Rules Supplement
**Pre-Qualifying format may change to multi Q session (like Winter Series)

You can use this thread for preseason discussion.

Last edited:
"Race Length: 80% (1 Race)" :unsure:

Agree with Daniel. Sprint races and whole format was most entertaining part of FSR weekends and good advert before sundays races (in terms of viewers)... Also from driver pov it was fun - if I dont count higher possibility of crash...

Im not talking about exact numbers. But fun in overal. Check some broadcasts, many times were commentators saying, that Ace sprint was most interesting.

Last edited:
ACE is the stepping stone to WC I think to change to 80% was the right choice, Never understood why Ace was split in 2 races to start with if it was the stepping stone to WC.

With the 2 race system those top drivers had to prove not only that they were fast, but also that they could start in the middle of the grid and race in group, which is unlikely to happen with a normal 1 race system.

Ιf a driver is a top 8 in ace I think hes capable enough of being able to drive in group-following someone- situations. And race gets mixed up in pit stops anyway. Νot to mention the group race stints most teams do privately.

Last edited:
For sure it puts them in more racing situations than with normal races, and brings more interest to the broadcasts.

But as someone pointed me privately, it looks like now the trend is to remove the few things that actually worked last year for no reason, oh well.

Thats actually what I initialy told - it was last of few working things in Ace last year...
Eugene, also GP2 is stepping stone to F1, and its split to two races.
And Pashalis, you arent right. If you saw some of Ace races, you whould know that. If you are fast enough doesnt automatically meant, that you are good in rest of racing situations.

In 2 races format you can (that you are good enough) prove it - or you can learn it.

And on top of this, for the first time in ... 5? years or so, Ace actually worked and had many drivers on the grid. I understand to make changes when something doesn't work (like last year), but when it does, it's difficult to understand.

Maybe you should have volunteered for ACE Director instead of wasting time on something else.

Are we sure the reason for the number of drivers was the 2 races. No. ZERO evidence of that. Could be the new game or any possible reasons.

It was my decision to change the format. I don't have time for 2 races or doing the work after it. I didn't want to be Director but I want to see FSR succeed and if that means doing something I don't want to do so be it. Anyone else can jump in and change the parameters but I don't see a line. The same people can't keep volunteering for things.

Alright, that is a solid reason, however now I wonder what is the role of the assistant director? I thought that it was created for that reason alone (directors not having enough help).

I asked Carlos to be Assistant because:
A)remaining neutral on my own team as I did last season. This is my preference.
B)Backup in case I have questions of some incidents (same as last year)
C)avoiding questionable rulings

For sure it puts them in more racing situations than with normal races, and brings more interest to the broadcasts.

But as someone pointed me privately, it looks like now the trend is to remove the few things that actually worked last year for no reason, oh well.

There are probably people who support both approaches. Your "un named source" lends no credit to your point what so ever.
In my humble view such a post where you quote "unnamed sources" and make such blanket criticisms does you no credit.
Trend my foot.

There is no pleasing all the people. A decision has been made. A bit of support for the new management team that had to take over when a vacancy suddenly appeared would seem at this stage very statesmanlike.

There you are, I did it in public rather than privately and anonymously.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 283 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing