FSR 2012 Beta Mod Released

The answer of Pedro makes sense. When i was in Simracingzone in 2010 it was very difficult to catch the field with only 2 drivers developing the setup ( me and lacombe ) compared to a big team of Twister and Precision which have more than 5/6 drivers.
This year, my team has big structure so i can compare. And it's a different way. The small teams will be disadventaged.
For equity between teams it's a good compromise to stay on beta physics without the "updatev2". And block the value which make the "flying car".

A Force India F1 young test driver test the beta mod with Martin Christensen. he said that the beta mod is pretty good in low/medium corner, but in full throttle corner we need to have less grip at rear. With my oversteery way setup

As a ex beta tester, i can say the new physics expected to be in final mod goes into the wrong way. and give more downforce at rear and make the car totally stable at rear all the time even with very hard springs, passing in grass isn't a problem and makes the car heavier in steering. When i'm reading that it doesn't change the handling of the car, i'm a bit confused to read that.
I rejoin Pedro saying that : "just because it feels good for a few guys in the test team". I will add that during all the process, in RF2 or RF1, all the change has been made to help the test guys who had problems in tyre spinouts at reacceleration etc whereas with a 1hour made setup, the problem was fixed. i always say it's a wrong way, all can be fixed by setup etc, all has been made to make the car totally stable at rear. you know it David.
Driving The official beta physic is a challenge but not the updatev2 and i expect people will like less the physic.
We'll see later.

As a ordinary driver not competing in WC this year but in WT, I spent a lot of time learning the mod to be ready for the season. However, switching to the final mod would be unnessary and frustrating for lower tier drivers who have a harder time learning the new mod.

I've just got used to the beta and going to the new mod would be a disaster even though I have good support from my team. For drivers and teams not so fortunate, it will be worse for them.

What I suggest is that instead of introducing a new mod which most will be reluctant to do so what with the season so close, they should keep the beta for now rather than change a whole host of features. I dare say most would want that and FSR should listen to the general public because without them, we wouldn't have a chance to race.

Hope what I say has an impact.

If it's true that the car will be "easier" to drive, that would be better for small teams which have no time or people to develop a setup as a huge team would, so where is the problem? You think now that releasing a buggy mod sooner will match better the league? Absolutely no. This is FSR. This is supposely the best simracing league in the www, and as so, the mod cannot have issues. When a big team wants to improve a car via setup, and gets stucked because of the bugs of the mod (suspension and flying car, i.e.), then are they really going to say that they preffer that mod?

Even releasing the mod 3-4 days before the first GP would make no difference. The differences between the big and small teams are so huge that no one would recognize a difference. Plus, it would be just the very first race, and it would be a "weird" race as in every single championship on sim and on real racing.

I really preffer a complete and bug-free mod three days before the season start, than an one month released non-finished mod. But that's just my opinion, sure.

If it's true that the car will be "easier" to drive, that would be better for small teams which have no time or people to develop a setup as a huge team would, so where is the problem? You think now that releasing a buggy mod sooner will match better the league? Absolutely no. This is FSR. This is supposely the best simracing league in the www, and as so, the mod cannot have issues. When a big team wants to improve a car via setup, and gets stucked because of the bugs of the mod (suspension and flying car, i.e.), then are they really going to say that they preffer that mod?

Even releasing the mod 3-4 days before the first GP would make no difference. The differences between the big and small teams are so huge that no one would recognize a difference. Plus, it would be just the very first race, and it would be a "weird" race as in every single championship on sim and on real racing.

I really preffer a complete and bug-free mod three days before the season start, than an one month released non-finished mod. But that's just my opinion, sure.

The mod is not as buggy as you say. It's minor fix in suspension ( more value than 9 in damps => bug )
I want to know which values we need to experiment a flying car because i don't success to do it. During the release all the drivers of my team ( 5 drivers ) drives 2/3h per day and didn't have this issue with more than 7/8 different setups.
A easier mod, if the car reacts a lot of changes in setup is the same than a skilled driving mod. It's 2 things differents. Just the mod is easy for the driver.
I rejoin Nicholas Fisher. A lot of WC team boss are agree

The only problem i'm having is that when i exit a corner it's taking me too long to get the power down because if you really push it, the car just spins and i'm losing like 1.5 - 2.0 seconds per lap on my race setup because i'm having to feather the throttle through most of the corners, it's restricting me to like a 30.1 and i know i can go such faster, i don't know wether it's something i'm doing with the setup or just the mod but it's the only problem i'm experiencing, but i know for sure on the 2011 mod it was much easier to get the power down.

And there is some deadzone in the mod when throttle, when i give 10-15% from the pedal of the throttle then starts to accelerate. Is not from my game every deadzone is on 0% i think this is coming from some settings in the mod. I want to feel the power of the engine and when i touch the throttle to start accelerate :)

Have you played with throttle sensitivity?

0% works best for me with G25. If your response is too 'dead' then maybe you need a higher setting, if too 'touchy' then lower is better.

I am with G27 and have no played with any sensitivity settings and driving like last year, but now and on other mods the feel is strange. Maybe is from me, but where i can check it and change it to feel every little touch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back