FSR 2011 Mod Feedback Thread

Hard to pass with this mod;) we did an hour evaluating driving behind another car, i was following someone about .7 a lap slower, yet i couldnt pass very easily... Sometimes took me about 10 laps to get past! As soon as i made the pass i went .5 faster in clear air, this is just how it appears in the real f1 cars!!! Great stuff, but can you clarify that there is def a dirty air effect and it was just not phycological!!! When i got clear it might have been me pushing like crazy??? Felt like when button got past kobayashi in interlargos 09 after being tucked behind for some time "yeah lets go lets go"!!!

Hard to pass with this mod;) we did an hour evaluating driving behind another car, i was following someone about .7 a lap slower, yet i couldnt pass very easily... Sometimes took me about 10 laps to get past! As soon as i made the pass i went .5 faster in clear air, this is just how it appears in the real f1 cars!!! Great stuff, but can you clarify that there is def a dirty air effect and it was just not phycological!!! When i got clear it might have been me pushing like crazy??? Felt like when button got past kobayashi in interlargos 09 after being tucked behind for some time "yeah lets go lets go"!!!

There is definitely dirty air :).

It's not impossible to pass but it's just really difficult, unless your name rhymes with Mono Ruis...

Yeah "Hono Bius" was passing us left and right when we tested it. There is def dirty air that should give you a subtle but very real understeer in higher speed corners and a bit more twitchy handling if you get very close in brakingzones or such.

i like that fact that its hard to pass!!! we are trying to drive like a simulator so having the nearly real feeling of understeer and dirty air is welcomed in my point of view.

It will make for better driving for sure, but on a side note...the less experienced drivers may get a bit hot under the collar and be trying do or die moves in nevery braking zone...i dont see this being a problem in the wc or ws tho.

Well, to be honest when you follow someone you do loose the front grip but not too much, so it is good in that way, and you can overtake, but you need a mistake or you need to be right up behind someone to pass at Barcalona, possibly Bahrain could be different as there are 2 longish straights together, and China with the massive straight. Just need to have a variety of tracks to see a true resemblence.

We have thought long and hard about things when making this mod. One thing is that we have moved some downforce from the diffusor to the wings, meaning that with lower wings you might be a fair bit faster in a straight line, but the car will be more difficult to drive because you don't get loads of "free" downforce from the floor.

Drivers should also pay attention to reliability of brakes and engine. We believe we have a good compromise between performance and reliability so you could take a gamble on for example less cooling, but might have to rev carefully during parts of the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%