rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Silverstone 2010 - Sun Aug 15th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was some fun racing…

The new Silverstone took a while to get used to, and also at least for me i could do the same total times with low as well as medium wings…. A bit strange but what i win on the straights i loose in the twisty sections so…

Qual 1 : managed a 8’th spot

Race 1 : had a decent start but lost a place into T1-T3 but no harm done.
Continued to chase the guys in front and the speed and was really nice and close racing going on.
Somewhere after midpoint on the race I was up in 6’th and started to close in and challenge Ivo in front of me I made a strange mistake in that hard left hander in the new section, and managed to put it in reverse (?)…. Not the best way to do it if you like to stay on track :rolleyes:
Saved it without hitting anything but was back down to 9’th (I think)
Continued undamaged and finished the race in a 8’th spot

Qual 2 : got a 6’th spot in the grid.

Race 2 : had a great start but the races behind had a greater…. had a car on both left and right side trough T1 and T2 but didn’t want to end the race there so I backed of a fraction.

Mainly due to some racers mishaps I found myself climbing up to 4th as best during the race.

Again about midpoint I made a mistake but this time in the last sweeping left hander before the finish line. I think someone had run down the distance board and I missed my brake point slided wide and lost the rear.
Before I got up in speed up again I was hit from behind (plenty of room to pass me on the inside there Giorgos….) but only minor damage was made to my rear wing and did not affect the handling.

Finished the race in a 5’th spot

Great fun racing all.

Ivo…thanks for organising

Great night for me.

Q1: Couldn't get a good lap in and when I was on a good one, someone started talking as I was preparing for Abbey and I nearly lost it. P5 was not great.

R1: Made a good start and was able to keep my position all the way up to Vale where there was an accident. Avoided the mess and was up to second. Chris threw one down the inside at Village but ran wide and I took the spot back around the Loop. Managed to pull away from him and was chasing Kevin down. Tyres started going off and I dropped off Kevin and Martin caught and passed me but I finished 3rd so was happy.

Q2: Better performance but only got 4th. Really need to improve my qualifying performance.

R2: Nearly burnt the engine out on the grid waiting for people to form up at the back. It was taking far too long and I wasn't revving my engine or anything. Made a good start and was up to 3rd by turn 1. Chris was all over my rear for the first half a lap but he made a mistake at Abbey which allowed me to pull away. Caught up to the front two and Kevin ran wide at Copse allowing me through into second. He was faster on Hangar straight so I held the inside line as he tried to go around the outside, then he tried cutting up the inside of me around mid-corner where there was very little room. He hit me and the rear of the car slid but I was bale to hold it as he carried on. I was able to stay just about alongside along the straight and out-braked him into Vale taking the position back. I was a full car length ahead on the exit so took my normal line into Club only for Kevin to try and overtake on the grass. Out of Club and he had the run on me again and tried to get past on the inside at Abbey but he braked early enough to avoid a big accident there as Abbey isn't a sensible overtaking spot. Then he completely missed his braking into Village and very nearly took me with him. Luckily he didn't but I now had Chris on my tail for a few laps until I ran wide at the exit of Club and he was able to get through. I stuck to his tail but his car was a bit laggy (not sure if it was my connection or yours) so I decided to back off a bit so we didn't have an accident. Finished 3rd and lost the fastest lap on the final lap to Martin :( but I'm very happy with my pace and performance.

Best event I have had here at RD since my double podium at Spa with the 1993 F1 cars :)

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and those that I battled with.

Great races for me. I'm still discovering this mod, and have no idea how to setup most of the car, but this time I was good on the fuel, with around 4l remaining at the end.

Qualified 10th and finished 6th on the first race, then qualified 9th to finish 6th on the second race. The first two laps of those races were amazing, that's what I call racing!

In race 1 I had some good battles with some pilots, especially Giorgos, Bruno and Mattia. I race 2 it was with Bruno, Giorgos and Jan.

Thanks to Ivo and RD, and to all the other pilots.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%