rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Monza - Wed June 23th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Aged 5 years
Still dont know what was wrong with the Parc Ferme and will take a look at that.

Also i would like to adress some things.

- Attitude in the chat.

People where asking for a setup. Wich was offourse oke because not everybody had time to make one and some people just joined entry list the last moment.
If you dont like that people are asking for it. There is no need to attack those people. If you dont want to give it dont give it. Otherwise no need to give your "opnion" about that.
Its still a Club Race.

- Language

Some of you guys where lucky that the session changed that quickly after Race 1 and i didnt had the time to re read the chat. I really dont like that. I dont get mad quickly but if people talk down to some other people i am happy to ban your from any other races i organise and or RD.

Formation lap.

Again people need to cool down more and need to control their adrenaline.
In Race 1 it all went oke. So i am stunned that i needed to restart 3 times before even the real race started in race 2. Just a big ? for me.
No need to be in the gearbox from the guy infront of you just keep you distance. And warm up your tyres a little and dont stop on the race track always keep moving.

I was truly flabbergasted at some points tonight. And i never saw this before since i started in November. Dont know if something was i the air or just the Mod but hope this was the last time and next race everybody is like always back on earth with their head screwed on.

If somethings happened in this race wich you think was not oke. Please PM. :)

Cya guys Sunday. :)

I'm suprised how much Club racing has changed from when i last did one.... Doesnt actually feel like that racing club atmosphere that there used to be with laughing, chatting and the sharing of ideas. Now it just feels like there is tension in the air constantly and every person is fighting for themself.

@ Ivo sorry i was not there tonight the day wasnt suposed to go like it did. Sorry realy sorry i hope i didnt hold out other drivers. But when i see what happend during race i dont think iam realy sad about not being there. It look like a real mayhem.

What were the laptimes during quali and race?

First of all, thanks Ivo for your endless patience.

Here the story from my point of view;'
Since the and before the mod was released, staff (especially Eric) was involved with the modcreators to get some webhosting and download space for them. I was also working on RD and have my own dayjob.
So last night was my first startup of this FSone mod. So no experience, no setup, no nothing.
I only knew I had to set the graphics for opponents back to high.

The game was still crashing, after 3 or 4 attempts I was finally in the practice session. Could drive a few laps and car felt not right for my driving although I didn't crashed (the car) :)
I asked if anyone was so kind to share a setup, which was apparently too much to ask for according some (will not mention names).
Three others were so kind to sent a set, thank you very much!

After another 5 or 6 crashes of rFactor and setting the graphics overall to medium :lol: i was able to do 1 or 2 laps in qualify. Ivo noted it was parc ferme and I thought the same rule as the mmg mod (fuel you start in qual is also the start fuel), but apparently the fuel is the only thing you get, so strategy in qual/warmup is key. For race 1 I didn't even noticed that I had less fuel than expected.

The formation lap was chaos from the position I was in (around 12 or 13 or so). Accelerating/braking continuously is not allowed and you need to keep a solid speed (to be decided for F1s). Weaving is also not allowed. Why I was passed on the straight, and in corners several times is unknown. Hopefully people read how it needs to be done and learn it.
The start was for me excellent, gained 4-6 places or so. But while breaking another car was forcing me offline and had to take the escape route. Didn't knew it would be penalized as I drove slowly there. Also I didn't spot the stop&go message, maybe because of my overwelming cdtp overlay. Lap 1 was more touringcar style than F1. Don't know why people are so aggressive and careless.
After crossing the finish line I received a DQ message. Decided to leave the server and use the remaining minutes to practice offline.

I tried other graphic settings btw; Everything on full detail, opponent on medium and shadow on high worked for me, no crash. I think IPM need to get rid of those crashes. It is for sure not my system which is too low-spec (Intel i7, 12Gb, Ati4870x2). Run the game with 200+fps on max detail.

During the start of Race 2 I discovered the parc fermee issue. Drove more laps now in qualify and also did the warmup. Started with 40+ Liters which was not enough to finish. The start was ok, but had to cut the inside curb to avoid a crash. No problem, no harm done :)
The rest of lap 1 was ok. Due to gaining lots of positions during the start the faster guys were lapping me again in lap1. Gave them enough room and I was planning to pit anyway.
Rest of the race was lonely, I had a huge gap and was gaining on someone (forgot who) and passed him. Rest was just finishing the race. Made no big mistakes.

The mod felt ok for me. Some will not agree as it is not a sim/not realistic. As long as no real F1 driver tells us how such a game should drive we can never tell. And then, it depends on the F1 drivers simracing experience :)
Antony Davidson was helping the Codies with their F1 game. Do you think Codies F1 will drive like a real sim? I hope so.
For me as a F1 n00b the car felt ok. Less grip on the front wheels then normal in slower corners, which was due to the smaller tyre. The grip seems to be huge, not that much wheelspin although TC is not allowed. Then, the real F1s have also not much wheel-spin compared to the 80s/90s in years it was also not allowed.
Of course it felt different compared to the usual F1 mods, but 2009 was the start of a whole new era (Wings/tyres/etc.)
It enjoyed me in the same way as the MMG F1 is enjoying me. And that is for me the most important factor since I don't have time to spend endless hours of testing and gaining more and more out of the car.

Thanks for the event and again thanks Ivo for his patience and the guys that helped me with the set. Let's hope the future events for Fsone are a bit more relaxed :)

@ Ivo sorry i was not there tonight the day wasnt suposed to go like it did. Sorry realy sorry i hope i didnt hold out other drivers. But when i see what happend during race i dont think iam realy sad about not being there. It look like a real mayhem.

What were the laptimes during quali and race?

qualy was done with the race fuel coz the "park ferme", so the times were near the race ones!!! you can saw all the time here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/standings/home/38-drivers/782-single-event.html?eventid=1449

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 277 13.5%