rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Hockenheim 2008 - Sun July 25th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What happened then in Race 2? Its not that i didnt see it. But i also need to keep my car on the track i cant keep my eye constant on the chatbox. Saw your message at the end.
Dont know why the lights didnt work. I tested them offline and they worked there.

I had a great race one and a bit of boring Race 2.

Race 1 - Started 7th and with no lights working I did not know what ro do so I just lost lots of posisions and I was on P13. I was then fighting the slow drivers and did my best to pass them. Once I in to a wierd accident were in T6 there was to allmost stopet cars I went in between and gained one posision but the driver at the inside did not let me pass so we had to battle it out. After a long and boring part of the race wich I dont rimember I was in 5th and fighting against Martin Buglin for 4th and I was so fired up since he owned me a battle from the Abu Dhabi club race. I tryed lots of moves and some times I just tryed to scare him but nothing did work. But I was just studeing him and I notice his sector 3 was very slow and I could pass him so on T12 I prepered my self and on to T13 I had the inside but still a bit of distance to Martin. But I gained it quickly on T13 and I was throw to P4. Then I just ran as quickly as I could to secure P4 once I sow that Martin left the server I went slowly to save fuel.

Race 2 - Started 7th again. I had a quick start since the lights did not work but the brawn car infront of me went left and right and did not give me space to overtake a second car so I was on P6 after T1. Then I lost it to Martin Vrba (I hope your last name was spelled correct).
How ever then I was trying to pass Ivo but he was never close enough and once he was he forced me to take the corner we were approching preaty wide. Well after that I was behind Will and just trying to catch up time after time once I made wheel spins after T6 so the time I lost was huge. To the final laps I was very close to him. I trying a move on T13 but there was not enough distance to make it stick. This was in the final lap so I changed to kamikazi style and tryed to find room on Sector 3 wich is allmost impossible. Then on the last corner Will had a slow exit and I used it as an oppertunity but the finish line was closer then I expected so I could not pass him in time. Our distance was less then 0.100 of a second.

I enjoyed this race and for a first time I enjoyed driving this mod since my driving style have changed and that allowes me to like oversteer more then I did before but this is not Go-kart style so I am losing my go-kart driving style.

I enjoyed this mod but i made a mess of overtaking in the hairpin several times though i don't think i damaged anyone.

In R1 had decent scrap with Can Ozcelik, went off at T7 chased him to the end. Hope the coming together at the hairpin didn't damage you (it lifted him into air), it didn't seem to harm your pace to much i don't think.

In R2 I jumped the start after i saw a car move on the left, served my drive through which left me last, then chased down Ali Kayhan, passed him once at T8, fell off T9 and had to chase him for lap after lap. He made a mistake in T8 and passed him and then passed a crashed BMW of Ondrej Kapal.

It's a shame about the dodgy lights, spoil what was shaping up to be too good races though i salvage something from it in shape of actually racing with these cars.

Thanks Ivo and RD.

P.S. Thank you Ryan for last nights race too. http://www.racedepartment.com/previ...971-monza-79-saturday-july-24th-2010-a-7.html

In R1 had decent scrap with Can Ozcelik, went off at T7 chased him to the end.

I nearly joined you in the scrap. Twice. After my second lap spin at the hairpin I was behind you two and catching Ozcelik, then, within striking distance I made a silly mistake and spun off. The rest of the race I was catching you again, had you in sight then ran out of laps. :p

Race 1 - At the start I saw Abdul in the McLaren make a break from his position on the grid like he stole something :) , so I decided to follow suit and we were off. Second lap Abdul get a bit loose after the long straight and overtake him for the lead. Put in some consistent laps to pull away for a bit. But with Martin Vrba's pace I knew that he was gonna close the gap slowly. I go wide heading into T8 and I get stuck on the rumbles!!! And I had to wiggle my off by dropping into reverse as for a moment I had all four wheels off the ground hahah :) By the time I'm back on track, Martin, and just about everyone from P1 to P7 had passed me. Had some good battles with Mattia down the stretch. End up P5.

Race 2 - Started 3rd on the grid. Decent start and off to track down Ivo as we continue our battles from the FPWS :). On the long straight was able to get the slipstream and take the inside line for the next corner. Held him off for a few laps but his pace in this race was faster than mine. Missed the turn in at T12 and Ivo and I are side by side in the Arena. I had the inside line but he makes his overtake stick on the outside. Well done mate. Now just trying to keep in contact with Ivo but here comes our "T12 King", Giorgos. Was struggling with my tyres down the stretch and like he said in his race report. He got good speed heading out of the final corner and just about gets me at the line.

Driving wheel to wheel with this F1 mod just makes me appreciate the hard work the IPM put into this mod. Simply brilliant! Could've gotten better results but I had alot of fun nonetheless. Note to self, do not get stuck on rumbles as they will hurt your laptimes and position!! :) hahah.

Thanks to Ivo and RD for setting this up. Catch ya at the next one. :)

I just sow the results and the top 6 had fastest lap times that when as far as 0.577 slower then the fastest man. plus a exacly 5 second distance finish for the top 6 proves that the race was SO close. :D

What happened then in Race 2? Its not that i didnt see it. But i also need to keep my car on the track i cant keep my eye constant on the chatbox. Saw your message at the end.
Dont know why the lights didnt work. I tested them offline and they worked there.

Your right Ivo, sorry. Just so frustrating! On to the next one... :)

didn't any training, (only 30 minuts before the qualy :p) so the first race was really hard for me..... must say thank you to Ferry Koek that gave me a setup!!! ;)

...started 10th, the lights doesn't work but i understand it only because the cars were all stationary also if the time in my lapclock was started....
it's a problem that could happens online sometime in some track, but i know it and so usually i watch the lap clock time instead the lights and so my start was really good and was 3rd in T1 :p hehehe btw my pace wasn't so good for keep the back of the fast guys and so i lost a lot of position..... had some nice fights and was able to finished 6th!!!

qualy 2 was better because i did my PB and i was more confortable with the track and with the cars after the 30-40 laps that i did during practice-race..... was 6th but i received guest at home and so i was forced to quit the race..... don't know if my pace would be good for doing battles with the guys in front but i was sad that i couldn't find it myself during the race!! ;)

btw thank you again for the night and for the fun!!! ;)

P.S.: what tyres did you use for the race???

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%