rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Abu Dhabi - Sun July 11th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Abu Dhabi was a great event guys. Really enjoyed the races. Did I tell you that I am falling madly in love with these cars.

Short report (at work dont wanna get fired)

Practiced for a setup which wont compromise too much top speed but also wont compromise corner speed. I might have gone for more downforce than the entire grid but its how I drive these cars.

Qualied P4 in Race 1. Got an ok start to the first turn. Lost a position in the process. I qualied with soft tyres but knew the race would be tough with these tyres so I had been testing the Medium tyres. Took a few laps to get upto temperature but it was the right call from the McLaren's pit garage. Managed to be behind Ivans and Martin at 3rd for the entire race. Great fight between me and Martin in the whole race.

This is where I think rFactor is nailing it. Parc Ferme rules is just AWESOME. Martin had pole during qualy but also risked using more fuel. I worked out the minimum I need to a litre during the race and only had enough added to that for the qualy. Once I had done my runs during qualy I couldnt risk any more burning fuel.

2 laps before the flag, I was right behind Martin while Ivans was like 9 seconds ahead and uncatchable. Martin was doing all sorts of fuel saving mode since he didnt have enough to finish the race. He had to make a pitstop to add fuel otherwise he would have parked that car in the desert. Finished P2.

Qualy 2nd for Race 2. I opted for super softs this time. Outlap was a snail pace lol.

Got a better start in Race 2 this time and almost had Martin(his 2nd Pole position) on the inside of T1. Stayed P2 with Chris pressuring me into a mistake. His MPH was higher than mine, didnt take long for him to take P2 from me down the straights.

Mattia n Ivans were fighting it out in 4th n 5th respectively and I hoped they kept doing that giving me a chance to finish 3rd lol. Ivans overtook Mattia, and it was only a matter of time before Ivan nabs 3rd. It happened as usual down straights. Martin was nowhere to be seen leading this race by now. I was behind Ivans in 4th with Mattia closing in. On the straight with just a lap to go I think Chris must have braked like 100metres before the actual braking point, would have caused a massive collision between me n Ivans. I avoided him by going left before I knew it I had to brake hard for the S chicanes. Lost the car and spinned. Resumed normal service in 5th after Mattia overtook me aswell. Finished 5th

Great event Ivo. Thanks alot m8. The night time was a great touch. Thanks RD and everyone that joined.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 269 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%