rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Abu Dhabi - Sun July 11th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
begining of first lap all the drivers around me werent driving properly at all, moving all over the track for no reason and i got pushed off the track, lost both my wings and had to drive to the pits at 60mph crippled hitting the walls a lot and dammaging my suspension so even with wings i was spinning at low speeds like 60-100mph meaning i had to pit 5 times, only did 6 laps and i only bothered to carry on because i hate DNFs.

Enjoyable nights racing but I suck at this track, I need to say sorry to Matt, I didnt realize at the time but after looking at the replay I turned into him and he ended up hitting the wall and losing a wheel, sorry Matt it was a good battle up until then, had a good battle with Giorgos as well over the last half of race 2.

What a great race, on first race my front part of the car jumpet up on the LONG straight for no reason and I long some posisions but then I started to gain posisions and finished in 7th.

On the second race I had some great battles with Martin Buglin on the last 2 laps and I was giving it all to overtake him but I did not have the motivation to give the 110% of what I had to stay precisten and overtake him but I could not. Well deserved 7th posision Martin.

I well done podium finishers and see you next week.

no worries at all mate, was my first event with rfactor, surprised that i could be competetive, when i was pointing in the right direction anyway, really enjoyed it. great racing.

I am struggling to find a setup for this one, I remember struggling the same in FPWS when we raced the Race On version, although I ended up having my best league finish in 5th IIRC, I cant seem to find any consistency and my best so far is a 1.42.1 although most laps are in the high .42s/43s, anyone going to post a setup for this one to give me some ideas, Reik ? Abdul ?

Oh man, sorry Martin just watched this thread now... I'll stay tuned with all your following events here to compare with you.
I have a setup to drive a 1:40:1xx in practice with low fuel and softs so far. Now i'll try Abduls.

There you go. A progression from last race. Might not work with ur driving style.

Thank you very much mate, will test it soon. Do you mean mediums for race, or mediums for low fuel hot lapping?

Did you have fun too? :tongue:

Sorry for being a bit provocative, i hope you don't take soccer too serious. :wink:

Remember that your team still finished one place in front of ours... :rolleyes:
(hm... now i feel ashamed... do i take it too serious?):confused: :tongue:

Oh man, sorry Martin just watched this thread now... I'll stay tuned with all your following events here to compare with you.
I have a setup to drive a 1:40:1xx in practice with low fuel and softs so far. Now i'll try Abduls.

Thank you very much mate, will test it soon. Do you mean mediums for race, or mediums for low fuel hot lapping?

I ran a few laps with it at Abu and the meds didnt heat up fast enough to hotlap or do qualy runs. I ran softs for 5 lap runs in testing and they were fine.

yesterday i used the Abdul set about suspensions and i change only the differential, wing, gears and stear lock to my style....in practice with soft tyres and about 60liters of fuel was able to do a 1.40.2xx.....during race i did like 12 or 13 laps and the best time was a 41 low or a 40 high ( i didn't remeber well) in the last laps!!! ;)

btw now is time for a report!!!!

race one was really fun with nice fights but i failed soon because in lap 4 i was behind Chris and Martin and in turn 16 after the fast right turns i went a bit wide in the inside and for not hit the cars in front i keep breaking and turn to much the whell and so i lost control and hit the wall......lost the front wing and the right suspension was gone and so was really hard keep the car in the track and take it at home....

race 2 was really better i had a lot of fun with Ivan in the middle of the race and was able to keep him behind me for few laps, but he pass me in the outside in T8 after the straight really a nice pass....after that he gained some seconds, but in front of us there were Chris and Abdul fighting and so in the last laps we were all so closed.... in a turn Abdul spun and so i earned the 4th place..... and the race finished with 4 cars in just 2-3 seconds.....was so exciting because everyone with an error could lose or gain the podium!!!

thank you again for the fun and congratz all cu at the next race!! ;)

yas-marina-4.jpg

Great racing yesterday at Abu-Dhabi....the new track version is simply beatifull and absolute pleasure to drive at,so i came very much prepared as opposed to the Valencia track ,where i completely struggled to find car balance and my race was just as bad,because of it....so for Abu decided to sit down and crank out the laps and dial in the car..and it paid off...i think by Sunday i had a pretty good set up ..i drove close to 200laps to get the car where i wanted it...i know its a lot of laps,but in the end car was sweeeeet to drive,and that is REWARDING FOR ME... i dont mind putting in test laps..this mod seems to respond to pretty much everything you change and its real plessure setting up the car up,as opposed to changing things,doing laps and getting very little feedback in return...thats frustrating!
Race1: i didnt do too much practice in the dark,so my pace wasnt the best in qualy...2nd in race1,4th in race2
Race 1 was pretty good for me ...as i was able to get my first FSONE win,incidently same track i got my first MMG one:)
Race2 was just as exciting...great 3 or 4 of laps with Mattia(thanks for the Gr8 racing M8 ),had an awesome drag race with Abdul and Chris on the straight prior to T8,but Chris braked quite early and i had to jam on my brakes just to avoid hitting him,and that almost created an accident between all 3 of us..in which i couldnt react in time and just slightly tipped Abdul's car which resulted in a spin...sorry Abdul had it not been for the early breaking im sure the outcome wouldve been different...finished 3rd in race 2.

I really enjoy the response from the car when trying to set it up...in fact i enjoy it so much that im trying to participate in the upcoming FSONE season....talking to a few people before the Sunday's race i found out that they have already been invited to the roster...not sure how this invitation thing works at this point,is it based on attendance,skill, gentelmeness, random decisions by the moderators etc,....so because i am so not sure i sent the Ivo Simmons a message yesterday asking him how doest it work,..............well its been 48hrs now and Ivo still hasnt responded....ill continue to hold my breath m8:)

to Reik: was able to hit a PB of 1 38 044 at Abu on light fuel ...damn i miss the presto time table

Sorry for race 2 guys. It has been SUPER hot around here lately, and my equipment was getting steamy. Had to let it cool down, so I left before race 2. Qualified 5th and everything :(

It was an interesting drive. I'm still not quite comfortable actually racing these things yet, but I'm getting there.

Great racing yesterday at Abu-Dhabi....the new track version is simply beatifull and absolute pleasure to drive at,so i came very much prepared as opposed to the Valencia track ,where i completely struggled to find car balance and my race was just as bad,because of it....so for Abu decided to sit down and crank out the laps and dial in the car..and it paid off...i think by Sunday i had a pretty good set up ..i drove close to 200laps to get the car where i wanted it...i know its a lot of laps,but in the end car was sweeeeet to drive,and that is REWARDING FOR ME... i dont mind putting in test laps..this mod seems to respond to pretty much everything you change and its real plessure setting up the car up,as opposed to changing things,doing laps and getting very little feedback in return...thats frustrating!
Race1: i didnt do too much practice in the dark,so my pace wasnt the best in qualy...2nd in race1,4th in race2
Race 1 was pretty good for me ...as i was able to get my first FSONE win,incidently same track i got my first MMG one:)
Race2 was just as exciting...great 3 or 4 of laps with Mattia(thanks for the Gr8 racing M8 ),had an awesome drag race with Abdul and Chris on the straight prior to T8,but Chris braked quite early and i had to jam on my brakes just to avoid hitting him,and that almost created an accident between all 3 of us..in which i couldnt react in time and just slightly tipped Abdul's car which resulted in a spin...sorry Abdul had it not been for the early breaking im sure the outcome wouldve been different...finished 3rd in race 2.

I really enjoy the response from the car when trying to set it up...in fact i enjoy it so much that im trying to participate in the upcoming FSONE season....talking to a few people before the Sunday's race i found out that they have already been invited to the roster...not sure how this invitation thing works at this point,is it based on attendance,skill, gentelmeness, random decisions by the moderators etc,....so because i am so not sure i sent the Ivo Simmons a message yesterday asking him how doest it work,..............well its been 48hrs now and Ivo still hasnt responded....ill continue to hold my breath m8:)

to Reik: was able to hit a PB of 1 38 044 at Abu on light fuel ...damn i miss the presto time table

Nobody is invited yet.
And its indeed based on Attendance and attitude on track. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%