Frustration with GSC 2013 install!!!

Hey guys, been looking at GSC for a long time and finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase it, however when I try to install the Setup.exe seems to be unable to find the .BIN files when it asks me to "insert disk 1" I have all three .BIN files in a folder on my desktop and have tried with the setup.exe in this folder and not in this folder!
Couldn't find anything helpful after 3 hours of trawling the web so I have come here to beg for help!

I suggest you chill, get a refreshing drink and wait for a helpful advice, which should arrive soon. If not today, tomorrow surely. It will all be sorted out.:thumbsup: I had problems with the install as well the first time. I'm not sure now, but i think the 3 files didn't download in their entirety the first time and i had to redownload. You might have the same issue. Ask Alex what size each file is and check if your files match the size.

The BIN files are the "discs" - if setup is saying you´re missing a disc, it means you´re missing a BIN file. Either that file was a) not downloaded, b) it´s not in the same folder as the installer executable, c) it´s corrupt or d) it´s been renamed and the installer is failing to locate it.

If all 4 files (5 in the case of v1.15) are in the same local folder with their correct names and, the installer program should pick up on them automatically.

The BIN files are the "discs" - if setup is saying you´re missing a disc, it means you´re missing a BIN file. Either that file was a) not downloaded, b) it´s not in the same folder as the installer executable, c) it´s corrupt or d) it´s been renamed and the installer is failing to locate it.

If all 4 files (5 in the case of v1.15) are in the same local folder with their correct names the installer program should pick up on them automatically.

Jack have you double-checked against the scenarios listed above?

Windows might rename them automatically though if you attempt to download the same file to the same folder multiple times. So long as you have one with the original name and its integrity is OK it should not be a problem having doubles. Worth a check in any case as things can get messy when you´re re-downloading multiple files.

If you prefer please post a screen grab of your local folder where the files are so we can try spot the problem.

upload_2014-4-1_0-54-47.png

Ok, that is the folder on my desktop. Is that what you meant?

I just do a test by rename my "GSCExtreme_v115_Setup" to "GSCExtreme_v115_Setup (2)" and when i click the "install" i get this: --

7jsc1yi.jpg

So try rename your "GSC2013_v110_Setup (2)" to "GSC2013_v110_Setup" see if that solve your problem.

Good luck :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing