Frustrating AI ramming

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Is there a solution for that.
Zolder seems like the worst so far. Tried to lower aggression to 50, still they bump into my car like it's Wreckfest. (This is rubbing and rubbing is racing :))
Never had that happen so badly and consistently in AC.

• Deleted member 197115

Seems like Opponents Skill has more influence on ramming than Aggressiveness setting.
After finding the right level, all is good now. :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

Good you found a good setting for you. Currently I have the AI set to 94% / 95% and haven't experienced ramming since EA.
Very surprised to hear that as after some search seems like this behavior plagues so many people with no real solution. Happens even at Aggression 0. Lower skills help just as much and only because you can stay away from AI, if it's capable overtake and you are on their line, they just go through you.
Stark difference from AC.

Very surprised to hear that as after some search seems like this behavior plagues so many people with no real solution. Happens even at Aggression 0. Lower skills help just as much and only because you can stay away from AI, if it's capable overtake and you are on their line, they just go through you.
Stark difference from AC.

Aggressiveness controls how likely is for the AI to get out of the racing line to attack who's in front (at least that's what it did up to 3 months ago :p)
So if you are getting bumped from behind actually raising the aggressiveness might improve the situation, at very least you'll be bumped from the side :p.. a little bit counter intuitive, worth a try.

Is there a solution for that.
Zolder seems like the worst so far. Tried to lower aggression to 50, still they bump into my car like it's Wreckfest. (This is rubbing and rubbing is racing :))
Never had that happen so badly and consistently in AC.

So frustrating. I can't tell you how many times I have been in the top 3, and rounding the last corner only to be taken out by the car behind me. Slamming me in the wall dropping to 10th (If I am lucky), and having my SA drop. Happens almost every race. To top it off. I stink, and I don't get a lot of opportunities to be in the top 3 :).

Edit: I noticed in your next post you found a work around. What settings did you find work the best? I have tried aggression from 50-90, and don't see any difference. They will still take you out. And when they are not taking you out they brake check you on a straight away with no one in front and no corners coming up.

• Deleted member 197115

I have yet to try Stefano's suggestion.
But yeah, it is quite dissapointing lack of opponents awareness from AI.
Almost FM7 like.
How come older AC did not have that problem?

Sadly I think your driving style also has an impact. In a way I feel that lower skilled drivers are less likely to get creamed. I've noticed when my lap times are "better", I get hit more often, I think because my entry speed is lower and I'm right on the "driving line", but if I brake late and lose my rear end and go in too hot into a corner, I don't get hit that often.

I'll try 95% aggression. I wish ACC had a better way to build SA than having to do AI races before you're high enough for the lobbies. Time trials and hot laps don't help your SA at all and if you're too fast and AI is half a lap behind you, your SA doesn't move. You basically have to stay in the middle of the pack for laps at a time.

Aggressiveness setting works.
Thanks Stefano! :thumbsup:
It should be fairly high, 95%+, to make AI try to go around you.
Sounds great!
I also noticed, that the AI seems to bump you from behind more often if you do not give them enough racing room. In a tight corner /hairpin /chicane stay on the inner or outer lane. Stay in the middle of the road (aggressive blocking) and the likelihood the AI brakes too late and has nowhere to go increases dramatically.
Since I discovered this and behaved accordingly I had no more issues.

[QUOTE = "kunos, publicación: 3212411, miembro: 14242"]
La agresividad controla la probabilidad de que la IA salga de la línea de carrera para atacar a quien está al frente (al menos eso es lo que hizo hasta hace 3 meses :pags)
Entonces, si te golpean por detrás, aumentar la agresividad podría mejorar la situación, al menos serás golpeado desde un lado :pags... un poco contradictorio, vale la pena intentarlo.
[/CITAR]

stefano something new for vr users?

any improvement even if it is small for us

please we need it

[QUOTE = "kunos, publicación: 3212411, miembro: 14242"]
La agresividad controla la probabilidad de que la IA salga de la línea de carrera para atacar a quien está al frente (al menos eso es lo que hizo hasta hace 3 meses :pags)
Entonces, si te golpean por detrás, aumentar la agresividad podría mejorar la situación, al menos serás golpeado desde un lado :pags... un poco contradictorio, vale la pena intentarlo.
[/CITAR]

stefano something new for vr users?

any improvement even if it is small for us

please we need it
Stefano left Kunos a while ago, just for your information. ;)

This is not my experience at all. In fact AI nowadays is much more polite than it was on v1.1. Few people want that aggressive AI back but I don't cause they were blind.

I always race with Aggression at 100% and at Zolder particularly AI skill at 98.
Give them enough space and they won't crash into you, even at the Zolder or Monza chicanes which are very tricky.

Picking the right AI skill is also important and even doing qualis imo. The closer to the top you are, the faster they will be. Don't over defend if they are clearly faster than you and use the radar.

Aggressiveness setting works.
Thanks Stefano! :thumbsup:
It should be fairly high, 95%+, to make AI try to go around you.

Thanks. That definitely helped. I am now set to 95% and the ramming has reduced. It is still there, but nothing like before.

Edit: Not sure if it is better, or if I just had 1 or 2 good races after the change. I have not finished a race since without getting hit from behind by the AI.

Sorry Lambo, but I can't go faster than the person in front of me.

1594142682600.png

I can tell you one thing with ACC, if I see an AI car in the rearview my butt definitely puckers.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing