RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bad news - I might not be able to race after all.

Some background: My internet provider has stopped connecting every client via a seperate IPv4 address quite some time ago due to running out of assignable IPv4 addresses on their side. The majority of the clients are now connected via IPv6 and are routed through a gateway for IPv4 traffic - normally, this works fine and apart from not being able to host servers on your own without some hassle, there's no real difference.
However, said gateway seems to have broken down, resulting in me only being able to access sites reacting to IPv6 natively.
RD, unfortunately, is not one of those sites (on 3G/cell phone connection right now) and I guess Race07 itself isn't up to IPv6 at all :D

I hope normal service gets back in time, just wanted to give a heads-up in case it doesn't ;)

EDIT: I'm on the server, connection looks stable now, whee!

Last edited:
Did not suffice to build a really strong setup, but even found some more. Credits to the original builders, their names are in the set.

Attachments

• 117.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 213
  • AS FRR Hockenheim.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Formula RR_1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Formula RR_2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Formula RR_Dry quali.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Formula RR_Dry quali2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 193
In. The Gravel and some walls.

Well a wall! Made a reasonable start then undid my good work by getting on the grass going into the hairpin and wiping out the marker boards as I went (making the next few laps fun as I found a braking point).

Quickly came across @Reggie Blain Snr, and spent a few laps behind him before he spun into the stadium section. Then I was in a world of my own, well behind the cars ahead (and losing ground fast) and clear of the cars behind (who had made mistakes). I was just about to get lapped when I had a moment of brain fade, got onto a kerb, and spun into the wall. DNF.

Bx13Bw4IIAAhrt0.jpg:large

Geez, I don't think I've ever been more annoyed with myself after a race. And a certain curb, that is ;)

Had a great practice session with Dennis and Reggie yesterday and got pretty fast using a weird mash-up of Dennis' setup posted above and the one Reik posted in that time trial at RoadOne.
Found yet another second during P1 & P2 and decided to go into quals with low fuel - getting in a near-perfect lap (in my book, I've seen another second go off of that time in youtube hotlap videos), I snatched pole positon.

I hadn't planned for that. I was getting nervous. I practiced starts in warmup. It didn't help :D

I started horribly. Luckily, the car turned to the left and I didn't get anyone else in trouble. Now at the back of the field, I didn't have a reason to be nervous, anymore - that's something! ;) It actually did help me, though, I was very consistent for the next 15-ish minutes and went back to P3 pretty soon, gaining quite some time on P2 & P1 and getting close at around half-time - only to spin out on that curb in turn 1. Damnit!
Fortunately, I stopped the car in time and did not collect damage - having lost about 10 seconds but no position, it was back to gaining time, once more.
That second hunt didn't last for too long though as I managed to hit the curb again. Arrrrgh! (Seriously though, this grip behaviour does not make any sense at all. At. All. ;)) Anyway, this time I collected damage, went to pits, back out in 5th. Gained a position when Gabriel DNF'd and crossed the finish line in P4. Oh well.

Aaaaanyways, I really, really liked those beasts. Would love to give them another go somewhere :)

Thanks for organising, Dennis, and thanks for racing, guys :)

Last edited:
Yeeehaaaaw :D nice my first win in race 07

A good Q left me in second not very far behind @Björn Golda at the start he spun I think and that let me into first, another car passed me and I passed him again and I spent many laps holding with 1st place from @Gabriel Savu with thooth and nail until I had a lag problem braking into the hairpin after the long straight and had to leave the track, luck was on my side as I think he went off in the next lap because I saw some smoke on the first turn, I got into first possition and was many seconds ahead of second place so I didn't need to worry of having someone on my tail like Gabriel and just brought it home.

This win is for @Andreas Scholz :) thankyou mate.

Thankyou Dennis and the organizers and congrats to @Peter Ell, @Damien Rouchon and all participants and thanks @Nelson Ullinskey for the fuel help.

Nooot sure if I'll make it, rather unlikely, to be honest - anyway, here's the skinpack link ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

These cars are from the Devil but I find them fun to drive at times even though they are bears. I had no speed and decided to stay out of quali so as not to hurt anyone. I didn't think
i was going to get through lap one.

I made it through lap one but at the first turn of L2 I was on the white line and it spun me into the wall, time to pit. My drive from then on was fairly nice, I had a good steady rhythm and was conscious of all the cars coming up to lap me. I hope I gave way to everyone nicely. I had Campbell a good 50+ seconds ahead so I just wanted to stay on track. Two s pins and a bump later I was still running. A little bit of suspension damage acquired from the bump but very driveable.

Sometime around L6 I passed Reggie Snr without being near him! My replay has him off for a short time, entering the stadium I think but no off big enough to give me time to catch up with him.

I think we should run these again :)

Yeeehaaaaw :D nice my first win in race 07

A good Q left me in second not very far behind @Björn Golda at the start he spun I think and that let me into first, another car passed me and I passed him again and I spent many laps holding with 1st place from @Gabriel Savu with thooth and nail until I had a lag problem braking into the hairpin after the long straight and had to leave the track, luck was on my side as I think he went off in the next lap because I saw some smoke on the first turn, I got into first possition and was many seconds ahead of second place so I didn't need to worry of having someone on my tail like Gabriel and just brought it home.

This win is for @Andreas Scholz :) thankyou mate.

Thankyou Dennis and the organizers and congrats to @Peter Ell, @Damien Rouchon and all participants and thanks @Nelson Ullinskey for the fuel help.

No problem about the fuel, I am always glad to help :thumbsup:

Congrats on the win, especially in these beasts called cars :laugh:

Hello ^^

Q: I'm satisfed P8 with my best times:)

R: I take a bad start , i begin P9 ..... During the first lap i have recover 3 position just behind Enzo but L3&L4 Bjorn & Peter overtake me easy ;) ( he's very fast :thumbsup:)
I find myself at the P8 and i managed my race:D and due to many DNF :whistling: I get without hope has a wonderful P3 on the podium :cool:

Thanks you all and the Staff it's was very cool :thumbsup:

Gratz Manuel&Peter :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%