F1 2010 Front Wings

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm not an expert, but at 1:11 you will have no grip on front wheels and best grip on rear. It's good for speed, but not good when you want to push hard, because you don't have the best grip in corners.

In reality a 11/1 wing should be undrivable no matter where the balance is on the car a 1/11 wing will be really good slight bends but as soon as you get to high speed I suspect your gonna end up understeering, not to mention with a 11 rear wing your acceleration and top speed will be dreadful.

yeh ^

I always opt to run slighty more front wing than rear wing but not by crazy differences. Having a 1:11 setup just sounds like a recipe for huge understeer (Ploughing on through the corner...vauxhall vectra ect...).

My understanding is:
In real world physics most downforce is generated by the rear wing##. (When you think about it the engine, drive wheels most weight etc are at the back so this is where most force is delivered to the track. I suppose thats why rear wheels/tyres are bigger.)
Then the front wing is used as a balancing device to ensure it is roughly matched.
Too little front wing-understeer, too much-oversteer. The impact is greater the higher the speed corner as aero grip influence takes hold. In slow corners mechanical grip has more impact.
HOWEVER In the game the physics model missed this ##fact. So its possible to most often use much more front than rear.
Setups are used with anything from 3/0 to 11/0.
There would be no point in using 0/11 as the game missed the fact you need rear wing so it wont help you much at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back