Skins Front windshield banner (filename: ext_banner.dds) transparency/visibility?

Greetings friends and skinners! I'm working on my first livery (for the Audi TT Cup) and I'm doing a ridiculous Mexican rug pattern on the hood and roof. It's obnoxious and fun at the same time.
tongue.png

I prefer to not have the top windshield banner visible (for aesthetics and because I prefer to not have my view partially restricted by the windshield banner when racing in VR).
Is there a way to make it completely transparent or invisible?
huh.png

I've changed the alpha channel of the ext_banner.dds image to completely black, but the banner is still opaque when viewing the car.

Thank you!

(Disclaimer: Posted also on SRS forums but my question did not get resolved)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 03-04-18 at 09.36 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-04-18 at 09.36 AM.PNG
    266.6 KB · Views: 570
Greetings friends and skinners! I'm working on my first livery (for the Audi TT Cup) and I'm doing a ridiculous Mexican rug pattern on the hood and roof. It's obnoxious and fun at the same time.
tongue.png

I prefer to not have the top windshield banner visible (for aesthetics and because I prefer to not have my view partially restricted by the windshield banner when racing in VR).
Is there a way to make it completely transparent or invisible?
huh.png

I've changed the alpha channel of the ext_banner.dds image to completely black, but the banner is still opaque when viewing the car.

Thank you!

(Disclaimer: Posted also on SRS forums but my question did not get resolved)
I believe not, maybe it has to do with alpha channels and so on, but I am not the right person to answer this

Great find, thank you! I'm taking a look now.

...It looks like that modder is altering files with an "INT" prefix (although just for two vehicles). Must be textures for the interior of the car. That would impact visibility, which is one part of the issue. I'll try to find the similar file for the Audi TT Cup that I'm working on.

Great find, thank you! I'm taking a look now.

...It looks like that modder is altering files with an "INT" prefix (although just for two vehicles). Must be textures for the interior of the car. That would impact visibility, which is one part of the issue. I'll try to find the similar file for the Audi TT Cup that I'm working on.
Do you have Content Manager? In the Showroom you can click on textures and look how they are named and so on and make templates

Great, I found it using the showroom. It is a separate file called INT_banner.dds. Changed that alpha channel to black and it's transparent from inside the car! Still visible on the outside, but I can live with that.

@BluePotato00 - would you be able to change the INT_banner for the McLaren P1 GTR? That car's windshield banner is so frustrating large in Assetto Corsa!

So would that be this file?
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\skin_templates\rtr_mclaren_p1_gtr\EXT_Windows_Black_BANNER.psd

If so, try this file. I've made the alpha channel completely black.

Edit - Can't upload a file with a .dds extension here. If you PM me your email address, I'll email you the file.

So would that be this file?
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\skin_templates\rtr_mclaren_p1_gtr\EXT_Windows_Black_BANNER.psd

If so, try this file. I've made the alpha channel completely black.

Edit - Can't upload a file with a .dds extension here. If you PM me your email address, I'll email you the file.
You could convert it to PNG and he reconverts it back to dds

@BluePotato00 - thanks for the file, but it didn't work. I think it is INT_Windows_Black_BANNER that needs to be changed. But I appreciate you taking the time! :thumbsup::thumbsup: If you have a desire to change the P1 GTR interior banner for your driving enjoyment, you know someone that would appreciate it as well. ;) For now, concentrate on your current project.

With Content Manager, I can replace the INT_banner.dds with INT_glass.dds, and that gives me clear windshield. But there is an annoying error message that pops up every time the game loads the car.

Wow, this is cool. What if a car does not have an INT file, can use the EXT file and just rename it "INT" and tweak it to clear the banner on the inside of the car? I want to remove the interior banner of the Porsche 911 RSR, it takes up way too much of the windshield in cockpit view,

On a related matter, I've added a windscreen banner to a car but it behaves like a fake dashboard reflection, ie it fades in and out depending on the angle that light hits the windscreen. Neat effect for dashboard reflections but not no great for a windscreen banner. Anybody know how I stop this and have the banner persistent? Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back