Front mount for Simucube 1/2?

I'm considering installing a front mount for my Simucube 1 steering wheel. Do you know what models are also compatible with Simucube 2, in case I decide to upgrade my system in the future. Also, any models that can be adapted to different widths between columns? Are they as strong as those with fixed size? My rig is custom made with aluminium profile, but the width between columns is not standard. However, I have in mind the idea of building a new rig and I don't know if I should design the width of it with the standard measurements of regular front mounts. Honestly I prefer a narrower rig, just enough to make me fit inside.

Last edited:
I would think so. It would put some constraints on fire/aft placement but expect it could work. It would consume space on outside of verticals that you may wish you could mount things to.

I have the P1 front mount on my heavily modified GT1, but I widened it so mine is placed inside. It appears it would work fine inside. I wouldn’t be able to mount my keyboard tray adjacent to mount if I wasn’t using inside of verticals.

Attachments

• 07A44633-86D7-4EC7-8AB7-4244DEF018A9.jpeg
    07A44633-86D7-4EC7-8AB7-4244DEF018A9.jpeg
    699.3 KB · Views: 2,651
Upvote 0
I would think so. It would put some constraints on fire/aft placement but expect it could work. It would consume space on outside of verticals that you may wish you could mount things to.

I have the P1 front mount on my heavily modified GT1, but I widened it so mine is placed inside. It appears it would work fine inside. I wouldn’t be able to mount my keyboard tray adjacent to mount if I wasn’t using inside of verticals.

Thanks. I just wanted to know if it would be structurally as strong as with the default intallation. I prefer to design my cockpit a bit narrower to save space in my room.

Do you have exact measurements of this mouting bracket (inner and outter)?

Would you recommend it? I have seen other models, some not so thick and some that are only compatible with Simucube 2 (not 1).

Any idea if this model is available as a 3D model somewhere?

Upvote 0
Yes, I recommend the P1 front mount. I use it with SC2. I also have Apex Racing button boxes that mount in the holes.

I find mine is structurally sound using only two bolts per side. If I didn’t, I would shift it forward so I could engage second profile slot, but haven’t needed to. I think with mounting outside of verticals you might have more difficulty engaging two slots.

Outside is 600mm, inside is 580mm. Thickness of each side is 10mm. Front is 15mm I think.

Upvote 0
I am considering making my own front mount (maybe 10 mm aluminium) because all commercial models I have seen (adjustable or not) would force me to move my shifter and make other changes to my setup.

Take a look at this design and tell me what you think. The idea is a front mount but less wide and two pieces clamped to my horizontal profile with brackets. The tilt of my steering wheel would be fixed (13 or 14 degrees) and its current height and position would not change. There is an alternative design (bottom left corner) which does not need brackets but I would need to know if thick aluminium can be folded that way and if it would not flex.

proyecto-anclaje-frontal-2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if thick aluminium can be folded that way and if it would not flex
That alternative design would flex.
Those folded arms would act like leaf springs (e.g. diving boards).
Depending on the aluminum type and thickness, the less acute bends might be ok,
but those more acute bends could fail.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Quite an overkill, single plate front mount bracket from Sim-Lab is already rock solid, why sandwich extra plate.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I’ve noticed quite some flex in that front mount though.
Could be flex from vertical supports it's mounted to. Bracket itself is 15mm thick solid aluminum plate, how can it flex?
I vaguely remember at some point before redesign it was thinner, may be this is what you have.

Upvote 0
As someone with a GT1 Evo that is looking to switch to a SC2, I'm in the market for a front mount. Not really sure which route to go as I can't run the Simlab one without modifying mine a good amount?
If you have the GT1 Evo that is 500mm wide between the two uprights, you can fit this one:

Upvote 0
Done. I have made a test installation, just to see if my design was right or wrong. Same position and angle as I had calculated, and much more free room for my legs. It's very, very strong, imposible to move or flex in any direction, with the brackets not even tightened yet. Tonight I will uninstall it because I have to sand the surfaces and the edges to make it look better (I expected the laser cut to be cleaner).

anclaje-frontal-test.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Looks beautiful, go for mushroom head bolts on the front plate.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing