From Scratch & Car Manufacturers

I was wondering how much longer will it be before Car Manufacturers put a stop to Scratch Mods. Gaming Companies stopped conversion mods from different games. (Not complaining, just making an example) We have a rise in scratch mods recently and I have a feeling Car Companies will have these mod makers pay a license fee to costly. Soon all mods will be under approval with the game industry. I am for sure of it. It's almost there now.

Will you pay for a car so you can race it? We do it already in a way. All these Simbin additions is exactly what they are doing.

I just hope it doesn't screw things up with rFactor2.

• Andrew Evans

I was wondering how much longer will it be before Car Manufacturers put a stop to Scratch Mods.

jep... take for example the mmg f1 mod for evo... it's better than any f1 game you've ever played... i can't believe FOM haven't nailed it yet, considering the highly aggressive stance they have on simple youtube vids etc...

Lies. If a modmaker makes a good, fun car, I'll use it. Not paying for something that's as good and free. Besides, we need to support the mod teams!

This is true, look at how Simbin started. Also if mod teams weren't supported ISI wouldn't have got CTDP/MMG to do various projects like the BMW Sauber projects and the SuperLeagueFormula.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%