Friendly Leaderboard Challenge? WTCC Brands Hatch Indy!

I'm on my Windows 10 rig today and, unfortunately, it hasn't got the 5GB patch yet. I'll have a crack at this in a bit. I am the very definition of 'slow' so the rest of you should feel good once you see my time. :roflmao:

I'll put my Steam and RaceRoom links here so we can start adding eachother on the various friend lists:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/riever/
RaceRoom: http://game.raceroom.com/users/Rabin/

Edit: 49.038 and the car is way too twitchy under braking.

Last edited:
Setup? I just sit in it, man. :cautious:

Probably why I'm slower than everyone else. If the engineer hasn't tuned it by the time I get strapped in, I just point it down the road and hope a lot. :laugh:

My only setup change was to wind the brake bias to about 53f, where I normally drive it.

If I remember well I just tampered with minimal things: probably rear wing, rear ARB and height. That's it. Well I'll post the screenshot later anyway so we can all exchange some hints/infos. It's also a good way to get a better knowledge of "what does this and what does that"... Definitely I'd love to better understand this, as to me it's the most interesting part under the strategy aspect of a race: turns/trajectories interpretation & track analysis to find out what can be a winning choice is thrilling!

I'm not good with setups either, but I'm trying to learn what to expect when I change a certain thing.

I have just recently started to poke a bit here and there. :whistling:
Sometimes it improves my driving, sometimes it don't.. :rolleyes:

Would this be a good idea for a sticky (well it would involve a new thread), so people could post up their own particular favourite car/track combo for challenges? I`m particularly partial to the Judd V8 at Lakeview (reverse), probably because it`s the only challenge where I`m in the top 100 :geek:. I suppose I`ll have to get out of amateur mode as well...

Never raced brands Hatch before, managed a 49 on the first few laps, then got down to 48.8. I hope I can knock a sec off of it, but the reality now is a tenth here or there. Probably get to 48 even or so...hope I can do better! I guess clearly the last and first turn will best help your time. I can't get into turn one well with speed....if I do, I think I might be able to really do ok.

Here's my current setup.
Wing a bit higher, stiffen Rear ARB, reduced toe-in front (I think this actually influenced negatively on my timings), I've modified bump and rebound without knowing anything about them so I don't know if I did something right, increased negative camber front/rear, lower the ride height F/R, 2nd gear 1 click down, final drive 1 click down. Differential as seen below.
I've put my hands in there without knowing if I was doing good or wrong. For sure I could feel better the car in the turns when I adjusted the rear ARB... other than that... mystery!
Oh, improved my time: now it's 47:659

2014-11-27_00001.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%