AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mugello - Wed 09/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would like to give my 2 cents about track limits,on qualify i think we should be strict with them,thought during race,and especially when fighting limits can be exceeded.
Yeah, that might be a good way to go. I don't have strong feelings about it.
What I did notice a couple of times during some races was that when someone was exceeding the limits during a chase/battle, the driver behind (who can of course see it very well) might mention it on TeamSpeak. For example, I've heard @Eddy (at least I think it was his voice) doing this in a friendly, non-hostile way and it seemed fine to me. The point is that the person doing it may not even realise they're doing it, but by bringing their attention to it, the battle can stay fair...

It would be really nice to use some "custom" limits. But to explain it to all drivers and then get all drivers to be able to remember etc. would be nearly impossible. Doable in a league, of course!
It's an ongoing discussion but in the end the only way is as the rules are now and that's why they didn't change over the years :unsure:

This race was very fun, although I was lagging sometimes. I'm sorry if I disturbed some of you with the lag.
That was one reason I decided to start from the back, the other one was that I wanted to climb the grid in a safe way. I think I managed to get 7th or something, I don't remember right now. What I remember is that I did the best laptime of the race on my final lap, flat 2:09:00 ! :D
After reading all your posts, I think I was one of the guys who abused the track limits sometimes aswell, I try to be as precise as possible crossing tracklimits only with 2 wheels, in some situations when I lose focus for some seconds for whatever reason, it gets a little out of hands and I cross too much, so I'm sorry for that too. I'll keep improving that aspect :)
BTW im using H-Shifter and manual clutch with no autoblip or such, just ABS. I remember when I played LFS I was faster with some cars using H shifter and clutch compared to paddles, I dont know why but I guess it's because the downshifts are smoother, so the corner entry gets smoother aswell and you can be earlier on the throttle.

H shifter all the way for me.. no blip or or auto clutch in this car.. :)
only missed a couple of gears the whole race.. one time i ended up in the gravel next time i spun.. ooops still working on this...
but super fun, even though i ran out of gas with less than half a lap to go :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

@Rupe Wilson You running out of gas was a bummer, it was going to be an exciting finish until you were robbed of it :(

As for the shifting, I finally completed a race with full manual and H-shifter in the Mazda (racing with Shaun Cole no less, good times), so even if my downshift technique still leaves a lot to be desired, I'm happy to say that I'll certainly go full manual next time :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%