AC Friendly Event: Audi Sport TT Cup @ Highlands - Wednesday 21st June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If my math is "correct" you will gain 2% grip, have almost 1/5 more resistance and the footprint is negligibly small.

- Conclusion:
1. Cold tires are a problem!
2. "Almost warm" tires doesn't have such an impact as you might think!
3. Too hot tires are worse than not completely warm tires!
4. The grip won't be influenced much by the psi!
5. But the Rolling Resistance will be influenced heavily!
6. You trade top speed for grip but loose more top speed than you gain grip!

Very interesting. :thumbsup:

PLEASE tell me if that is correct, should I create another thread for this? Oh man... Why did I do that?!:O_o::roflmao:
Excellent - and yes well worth creating a thread. (Maybe there's already a thread on the AC forum?) I've been meaning to attempt this calc for ages so thanks for kicking it off. I will probably wait until after tonight to try to make sense of it all cos my brain's nearly melting already (rather hot here, still over 31C as I type) and tomorrow will be cool, yay!

Hello, very to sign out this late but I have to, still because of work. I should think twice before signing up if it continues. Have a nice race

If my math is "correct" you will gain 2% grip, have almost 1/5 more resistance and the footprint is negligibly small.

- Conclusion:
1. Cold tires are a problem!
2. "Almost warm" tires doesn't have such an impact as you might think!
3. Too hot tires are worse than not completely warm tires!
4. The grip won't be influenced much by the psi!
5. But the Rolling Resistance will be influenced heavily!
6. You trade top speed for grip but loose more top speed than you gain grip!

Very interesting. :thumbsup:
so what does this mean? more psi is better, or less?

so what does this mean? more psi is better, or less?
Depends what you need the car to gain. Top speed or temperature?
Lower psi = more grip, more "wobble", more temperature but also lower top speed!
In my opinion it's more important to have the right psi, like on your road car. The tire has to be flat on the road with full width. If that doesn't work: change the tire. That's not possible all the time though...

razor1301 kicked for server for not using real name.. i cant tell who you are, you was also moved out of teamspeak..for using the same name...

Use real name please last chance..

Absolutely Edward! Me too!
For me it was like the name change from Rookie to friendly really did it's job. It was chatty, it was fair, it was fun!
I hope it was the same for all the others! :)

Oh my, it was epic. On last lap, last corner I've overtaken @Flecky_und_Sky
Even that incident with @Rupe Wilson didn't ruined my race.

Here are some graphs from results: http://simresults.net/170621-3EH
dX7F65V.png

5QvuPSk.png

i have been pushedat the end of the first lap. i was 10th and i reparts last with a lot of time lost. I manage to pass some guys after that buit i felte bit lonely. Thanks Rupe for the battle and sorry for the push on the corner.

Very funny race, I didnt qualify and went from 22nd to 4th, I crashed 3 times though. Fortunately I only endangered myself, had zero incidents with other drivers, so this was my cleanest race so far!

I'm pissed OFF ,thought I would have a go at the front for a change, I stupidly thought the fast guys
were far more fair and easy to drive with, lost second place due to being purposely hit,
then a few laps later got hit again nearly knocking me off, waited a few laps more this time I got purposely hit twice more again " there's more" . he then hit me twice more next lap but just managed to get by then rammed me on an impossible pass for no logical reason it was my 100% my corner.

I think I will stay at the back, the rookies are far more easy to drive with. I'M STILL PISSED OFF

I had a fun race we were at the time four cars running up the hill, unfortunately I lost it at the righthander and spun around. I then had some runnings with Jan and Ian, very nice indeed.
I watched the replay a little quick at the incident with Ian, that was very unlucky for us both but I am just happy that it was just that.. unlucky. Jan who came right behind us had no real chance to avoid us but he did good and flew away :)

Thanks all, was a good evening :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back