Friendly Development Series

With the up and coming restart of the Friendly Development series.
There has been a rise in the number of cars spotted on our tracks sporting a unique new livery as the pictures from an undisclosed source prove.
Could these be the stars of the future?

RD_FD_cars_07.jpg

RD_FD_cars_06.jpg

RD_FD_cars_04.jpg

RD_FD_cars_03.jpg

RD_FD_cars_02.jpg

RD_FD_cars_01.jpg

Top initiative chaps ... :thumb:

I know this takes a lot of effort to set up and run, and requires a certain level of skill and dedication, but I am curios whether this is going to be limited to just one instructor and 6 students or if there are plans to get more "Brams" involved in this and have several groups running around on track (I believe there would be enough demand for it)?

Its a try out, and indeed because it costs 2 hours i dont think it should have more people in this stage, but who knows :) Maybe it sucks big time this friday, but then at least we've tried :thumb:

Great initiatice guys!
Let me know if i can help in any way (although I think no one needs my help xD)

Why not, you are a skilled driver and besides you speak perfect english to explain yourself. Let's see soon:hug-right:

BTW @Bob ... try easing off the brake (more gradually) towards the end of your braking, and if the tyres are locking up, do the same, ease up a bit ... I hear some people "pump" the brake too, not something I have yet gotten into.
Braking rule no1: skidding/sliding tyres don't stop as quick as rolling ones :thumb:

Thanks Lee, I think the problem has more to do with my peddles than my tecnique (but not sure). I brake the same 99% of the time, but get so many different results e.g. stop way to early due to probably the perfect brake tecnique then doing it exactly the same(or as close as possible) at the same corner next lap overshooting.

I do feel if I could improve my braking then I could give most people a run for their money, but it may also be all in my head. Confused? so am I.:laugh2:

Sorry to go off topic a bit Bram and to do this to you Bob mate but ...
Get a G25 mi ol' mucker :D
... switched to it at Chrimbo and my brake-markers are soooo much deeper and braking is sooo more controlled now its unbelievable - yes in retrospect my old brake pedal really was that rubbish.

Decent set of peddles is worth upgrading to ... maybe also check out what is happening with your pedals in the game controller or setup screen ... if they are spiking, try taking the "pots" out and cleaning them.
Contact cleaner might help, but on my old pedals, I fixed some serious spiking by just removing the pot and twiddling it around madly - don't think it was worn, just dust and stuff built up over the years in there.
Digikey also stock replacement pots and stuff for Logi momo wheels and maybe others?? (thanks to Neil Gault for this tip).

There is a "how do you brake" thread kicking around somewhere, or maybe post something in the support forum if its your pedals and not your twitchy brake leg that is at fault :wink2:

Back to topic ... sorry again Bram :wink2:

Would love to be involved in this, especially as I have most problems controlling the Beemers (and other rwd cars). Dont seem to have as much of a problem with FWD, and I know that its mainly due to my early acceleration out of corners most of the time (spin!)

Just as a thought, how is the communication going to work with this?

darn, I think I may have to retract my interest, as I cannot get my headset to work to be able to utilise Teamspeak. I may try to get hold of another one, but dont think I will be able to be set up in time.

Edit - Now have purchased another Headset, which seems to be working ok. Would love to have someone in teamspeak to speak with just to verify that it is though! Assuming yes, then I would definately be up for the session!

By the way, I have donwloaded the "Friendly Development v2.0", but where do I install it to - I am on a "Steam" version if that makes any difference!

Trainer: Bram Hengeveld
Student 1:
Student 2:
Student 3:
Student 4:
Student 5:
Student 6:

Pitbabe: :jessica: <----- :woop:

Only show interest if you are sure you need the training and you are absolutely 100 procent sure you can be on time!

After signup procedure is finished ill pick some names and inform all by private message
I'll shower with this Pitbabe anytime..with or without overalls.:laugh2:

I'll shower with this Pitbabe anytime..with or without overalls.:laugh2:
Who wouldn't... But we don't want to get rowdy about that one small pic now, do we? :p

Anyway, a little note regarding braking with the G25, you can get a Brake enhancement (basically a small shock absorber or eraser) that fits in the G25's brake section, makes braking progressive and you get a better feel. SRT did a review and gave it the thumbs up. http://www.nixim.com/pedmod.html

Unfortunately, it will knick your warranty. But sacrafices must be made on the road to ultimate simulation!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back