Friday, April 11 2014 update expectations.

. Weekend races with practice/qualify/race

.Performance optimization that allows to do long races with much more then 10 laps ... after racing against 16 AI's for 20/25 laps im starting to get stuttering and some FPS drops

.Collision improvements:
- im getting hooked to AI's too many times
- the way the back of the cars jumps after collision is not realistic ... if i break late and hit the car in front of me he allways goes up on my nose (in T312 and Exos)

. AI's improvement - they are much better but they must be more constant in speed cause in some parts of the track they are very fast and on others they are very slow

. Damage system

I just want the simulation to improve in all aspects ... i dont need new content for now
MP should only come when collision and damage are working perfectly

Kunos please try to optimize the CPU usage a bit better. A new Nvidia driver was just released today specifically made for games like this that are CPU and GPU limited. Why is Assetto Corsa not one of the games that is benefiting from the FPS boost?? You guys gotta work with Nvidia and AMD to sort out the performance issues before anymore tracks, cars or MP.

Obviously I would love to see MP implemented, but I've been wrong in assuming it would come for the past 3 updates lol.

So, with that in mind, assuming we dont get MP, I really want to see some GPU optimization. After 0.8 was released, I noticed around a 10-15fps loss at tracks like Monza, Magione, Monza 66 (Basically tracks with a lot of vegetation).

v0.8.2 fixed this slightly, however it's still not as good, frame rate wise, as it was in v0.7.8

I think this is due to the new sky/lighting/cloud system, but also partly due to added embellishments to tracks (Which looks terrific btw). I've noticed a lot of FPS drop especially in replay mode.

Hopefully they can improve this :)

I don't really care too much for AI as I almost never use them. But for those who do, improvements can always be made.

And if we do infact get some form of MP, then I'm all for that :)

I would like to see another proper F1 car after 312t release :)

898_010.jpg

480_06.jpg

580_019.jpg
Even though I want the 98T more than any other car that's still on the way, I would be really surprised to see it before 1.0.

does anyone think we need more features in car? I like the sidebar widgets that we can turn on and off. But i would personally like more controls. I understand this is in beta but it is a little concerning to me that the only controls we have are to adjust brake balance and i don't even know if it is working. there is no way to verify while in car anyway that i know of. In car controls would be huge for me so i don't have to exit back to pits or restart event to make some of the adjustments i can make in other sims on the fly or from the pits without exiting my car. Some of the information i want i've been able to get with third party add-ons.

It will probably all come to fruition, but i have enough cars to keep my busy for a while. a new track would be cool i guess but i am still enjoying nurburgring.

I currently race on multiple sims. rFactor, game stock car and sometimes iracing. I always come back to this one even in beta it is my personal favorite. There is a great community of racers here too. I can't say enough good things about this sim and the great community that supports it.

If i had to pick a car it would most definitely be the 98t, just because i know I will drive it a lot. The La ferrari would be sweet too, but i don't drive road cars as much since the t125 and t125 S1 became available. The non S1 T125 is soo much fun to drive. easier for me because i'm not that great. Can't get the S1 around the schumacher S flat out without wiping out consistently.

Eric

. Weekend races with practice/qualify/race

.Performance optimization that allows to do long races with much more then 10 laps ... after racing against 16 AI's for 20/25 laps im starting to get stuttering and some FPS drops

.Collision improvements:
- im getting hooked to AI's too many times
- the way the back of the cars jumps after collision is not realistic ... if i break late and hit the car in front of me he allways goes up on my nose (in T312 and Exos)

. AI's improvement - they are much better but they must be more constant in speed cause in some parts of the track they are very fast and on others they are very slow

. Damage system

I just want the simulation to improve in all aspects ... i dont need new content for now
MP should only come when collision and damage are working perfectly

I agree Jorge. the AI has improved up to version 0.8.2 still a little frustrating though. Physical damage system mechanical too would be more appreciated to me than new cars or tracks at this point.

- Circuit standing start lights;
- AI improvements;
- Damage;
- General GPU and CPU optimizations;
- Manual pit limiter, manual gear selector at race start... in short, realism and liberty on movements;
- Slow speeds physics and FFB bugs correction;
- Armco and trees shadows graphics correction;
- IMMERSION, flags;
- Something that tells you in replays which was your fastest lap, like a red line or something;
- LOD correction, as car is coming or going away details appear/disappear;
- SMOKE, it's awful right now and very heavy on GPU
- Etçª :)

After this we can have MP...

My biggest hopes at the moment are more tracks, and multiplayer. Even with hundreds of cars, you can get tired of the same tracks pretty quickly although you rarely get tired of the same cars on different tracks. There are plenty of cars I would like to see added, but I'm much more interested in more tracks as right now, I don't even care for all of the tracks that are in AC at the moment and only race on about half of them consistently. Multiplayer would be fun just because the AI still needs work and can be very frustrating at times, I'm betting on a better challenge and more fun from a proper sim community than I am the AI.

I understand folks wanting more optimization but honestly, AC runs far better than some of its counterparts like rFactor 2. rFactor 2 still hasn't figured out how to get Nvidia SLI working properly yet.

Kunos please try to optimize the CPU usage a bit better. A new Nvidia driver was just released today specifically made for games like this that are CPU and GPU limited. Why is Assetto Corsa not one of the games that is benefiting from the FPS boost?? You guys gotta work with Nvidia and AMD to sort out the performance issues before anymore tracks, cars or MP.

The "wonder" drivers (337.50) worked for me...

I think everyone should try them.

Didn't you read up on the line up of cars and tracks before purchase?

Well yes. But as I have paid for a "work in progress" I kinda thought that list would grow as they finished modelling the cars or tracks.
Thanks. Now I know they are releasing another track and 5 or so cars I can now go back to driving the same old tracks with the same old cars while casting envious eyes at other simulators content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back