RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualified 18th, in training I actually was already nearly 2 sec faster. But that's exactly still my problem with these cars: consistency!

At the start the person in front of me spun (yes these cars a powerful, my power lock is at 5% :D). Then after the chicane a Seat that me just overtook coming from the back with high speed (before the chicane) did not accelerate or even slowed down which sent me to the gras to avoid him. Which put me far at the end of the grid... but the race was for one hour....

Had a tough time, but I finished! Need more practice with these cars! Finished 7th, but only because Lewis decided to finish the race in the pit lane, otherwise would have been 8th. And even that, not because of my glorious driving :).

Anyway good race night!

PS: Would actually one of the front runners mind posting a BMW setup? (Is there a front runner in a BMW, anything that finished better than 7 is a front runner :D)

Well-done all have finished and better luck next time to those who didn't... me included :D

Congratulations Bruno, like me you had a 2 pit strategy, with all honesty, even if I had the cleanest of races, you had this one in the bag... not only you are fast, but also you have the consistence :good:

Jason... thanks for carrying the C6R "flag", I'm really happy with your 2nd and I admit I was pushing for you :wink2:

Congratulation Henrik (C6) nice clean win (start to finish) and well done Andreas (BMW) 2nd in the same lap.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 193
I wasn't on 3rd? :( What a shame.I was thinking that i finish on 3rd,but i am not angry with 4th place for my second endurance event and 7th overall events in RaceDepartment. I wanna thank you Eric and Race Department for this greate,fun and in the same time very hard event. :D Greate race all of you and Congratulations to the winners!

• Michel Hunter

Had a blast, awesome race.
Bad start tho since i didn'T recall we had a lap behind leader before start, so i hit someone in front of me on the grid.....real sorry who ever that was.

My only major problem was when i catch up on Hopkins that was completely invisible to me, so had a hard time passing a ghost that was only leaving puff of smoke when braking.Wasn't sure if whe would hit, so i took my time.
Beside that was really fun to survive 80 laps.
Good job to all, and congrats to the winners

This was truly epic again.
First of all i want to thank Eric for setting this up and gave us this opportunity again, also after the problems of last week. Also thanks to Stefan for the skinpack.

Race:

Qualifing went really bad. Did a 2:12 and ended up 22th i think.

The start and warm up went great. :good:

But i was really of pace as i noticed in Q. Was doing 2:13 in the race wich is very slow. Had a little crash with Yuri and Bob i think. Yuri tapped me and i went almost upside down. Lucky i didn't and i had also no problems. But Yuri waited for me on the start finish. Great thinking of waiting there Yuri. :good:

But after this i was dead last with slow pace. Managed to close the gap to Kevin. We had a nice battle till we both did are pitstop at the same time in laps 25. He had also a fast pitstop a managed to get in front of me again. After that alot of laps fighting within 1 second ( and i got my pace back wich was lost in the first part of the race). Then i lost it some a little bit and he drove away. But when this was happening i noticed that the Pro's where quicker then expected. And changed my Strategy to a 2 stopper. Lap 51 was my second pitstop. And was now 30 seconds in front of Kevin and 40 behind Yuri. But Yuri needed to pit again and i took his place with a lead of 25 seconds.
I saw he was quicker so calculeted that that i could make in i was staying in the 2:11. That worked and i think Yuri also made a mistake so i was pulling away to 30 seconds. A couple of laps i also took 9th place because David needed to pit.

This is why i love a Enduro because of the strategy. I want to thank all the Pro cars wo did also a great job and Bruno and Henrik for the win. It was really great again.

Btw what happened to you Abdul. You lapped me then drove away but smashed really hard in to the wall? And Joao also sorry to hear that, but you are still the Enduro king. :wink2:

I finnaly managed to finish this event. After the 9 laps for the end DNF at Ricard and the pit problem at the Nords. And when the race was done and when i got to event results my PC froze and i got a minidump. :D

I almost forgot. Big thanks to the little yellow Corvette. :D

lonely race .-)

Qualy: 2nd of GTS

Race: 7th overall; 2nd GTS

Unfortunately i couldn´t train this week, so i take my setup from last weekend. My problem was only the speed from Henrik maybe he drove with frontwing 1 - dont know :noidea: - i wanted but couldn´t try it with the BMW, summary only with good tyres i could drive similar times but after about ten laps i lost every round a littlebit more. I try to compare this with more risk but that doesn´t work.
And after first stop i made a spin, so the gap was too big to get Henrik without a mistake from him. but i think he had enougt reserves and could drive relaxed and safety.
So my only chance was maybe to win over the strategy. Before the race i calculated that the GTpro where lapped us about 6-7 times. Finally it was 5 times (because the fastest GTpro Greg and Marcin where out) but therefore i could finish with 2 stops ( my stins: 25 laps, 25 laps, 26 laps) . -> go over the line with about 2 l.
Henrik made a third stop at the end but the gap was too much. 30 sec infront of me he came back. So second place at the end :second:.
Shame that i had 3 spins otherwise it could be closer. But over 3h it´s hard to push all the time and notice you can´t close the gap. Then every little mistake is again more angrily.
So crongratulations Henrik for GTsport win and Bruno for GTpro win :good:well done.

And Thanks all for racing, was really fair, no problems with lapping and had much fun althought i race a littlebit by myself after some opponents go off.
Finally thx Eric for orgenice this awesome event again, after the problems last week. :clap2:

Qualy: 1st. Clean lap and took the pole :D

Race: 1st. I had a strategy for only 2 pits and was very fast, but before the race and in beginner of the race I was very disconcentrated...2 weeks without race. After some spins, I was concetrated again and was following Greg and Marcin. Marcin and Greg blowed up the cars and I didn´t have a friend to divide the track :(

Congrats all drivers and next time I will be more concentrated

• Andrew Evans

minirewindshotsduro.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI

Class: Mini Cooper S
Shot 1: Nurburgring Mullenbach
Shot 2: Charade 2006
Shot 3: Donington National
Shot 4: GP 200 International
Shot 5: Le Mas Du Clos
Shot 6: Monaco 88
Shot 7: Alastaro
Shot 8: Cadwell Park
Shot 9: Limerock Mountain
Weather: Dry

Qualification: 5 mins
Race: 15 mins

Notes

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

This Friday marks the 1st anniversary of the Mini Friday; Bram had no idea what he was setting in motion that day. :D

So this week we're doing something different... a shots event, same length as a normal night; a shotduro if you like!

I've contacted most of the regulars from the last 3 months and asked them to vote on their favourite tracks from the entire year of racing. The majority of the tracks are taken from that list with a couple I've thrown in as well.

This will be a heavy event - 3 hours of mostly continuous driving - so please don't sign up if you can't manage the distance. :nod:

• Andrew Evans

Drivers:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Nigel Atkins
  3. Nuno Areias
  4. Lewis Fergusson
  5. Ivo Simons
  6. Rob Goldthorpe
  7. Dan Coldrick
  8. Laurance Lemon
  9. Bob Miley
  10. Bart Snijders
  11. Matt Crouch
  12. Adam Vaughan
  13. Neil Tennant
  14. Steven Palmer
  15. Graham Clemenger
  16. David Buxton
  17. Diogo Matos
  18. Ries Notenboom
  19. Kennett Ylitalo
  20. Gary Lennon
  21. Bob Luneski
  22. Nisse Andersson
  23. Ludwig Ghidi
  24. Daniel Plaikner
  25. Michael Herrmann
Mini Friday Skinpack v2.6
Submit skins here

• Andrew Evans

quality wee evento... am loving these cars - looking forward to the league...

sorry nuno for ze spin... you and the other guy were recovering and i tried for the gap before getting a nice pendulum on.... :doh:

Thanks for the race guys. Game froze up on me while I was pitting on lap 27. I was in 2nd place for a bit and then 6th when it froze up.

My computer rarely freezes up and usually I can run it for months without rebooting. As I was getting tires in the pits everything just froze in the game. I could not alt tab out of the game then but I could move my mouse around in the other monitor.

Tough break Thomas - better luck next time. :doctor:

No car or connection problems for me, in fact was having a whale of a time until phone call on lap 35, so pit in. Came out 4 laps behind and carried on determined to finish, then yes another phone call on my lap 49, so again pit in but was gonna be a long one so quit game, am still on phone now and probably will be for the next hour or so. So not happy, but was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Eric and RD for doing this.

Holy cow dude, you need to turn off the ringer! :phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%