RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Only one pitstop, somewhere in before the middle of the race.

Tyres where bad, and the Seat was sliding. Place 7th at that moment.

But after pitstop back to 11th place, at that moment last. But a lot of you had to pit, so i didnt worry to much.

After a while i came back to better places, back to 7th. And finally to my surprise i could finish at the 5th spot.

its a bit bumpy but real car-racing track.

Thx for the race guys.

Qualy: Did actually not intent to go as fast as possible, took this as additional training which was urgently required! So tank full and laps! Did actualy better than expected!

Race: One of the very few race where I gained some positions during start (usually I am the worst starter). Went up from 9 to 6 after T1. Was actually doing quite ok, was hold some guys behind me (but only because Rob did not find a way passing me :D) untill I spun in the chicane: Afterwads more or less lonely laps. My goal was to reach the finish line . When I started I actaully did not expect to see my pit stop (planned a 1 stop strategy, did more guys go for a 2 stop strategy, of so why?). Went all ok, but in laps 32 I hit a wall.
Sprry Philip for spinning right in front of you when you lapped me!

Looking forward for the next race, need some more practice in these cars, feel significant more confortable in a Mini, at some point I needed to slow down a little to cool down tyres, so setup needs also some fine tuning!

Good racing guys. These cars were pretty tricky on such a rollercoaster track like this.

Qualified in pole which I was pretty chuffed with:dance2:. Had a good start, but a little scruffy on the opening lap with the cold tyres. Settled down after a couple of laps and gradually made daylight from P2. Had one silly spin which didn't cost me much time and a couple of close calls b4 pitstop. I'd had a lead of around 30 seconds and tried to pace myself after my stop. I wasn't sure how far the fuel would last though I was pretty confident I had enough. Then with a few laps to go I had a loss of concentration and ran onto the grass. Unfortunately instead of glancing a barrier I was faced with the start of one and the tyres around it. Hit fairly hard losing my nose and damaging suspension (bloody typical). As I had a decent lead I limped it around to the pits to repair. Normally I don't change from my preset (I try not to damage the damn thing). Thought I'd done it right ,but left the pits with new tyres and a broken nose still:curse:. I was now ahead by 25 seconds with a couple to go so I thought I'd just stay out and finish. Came home with about 20 seconds to spare in first:beat-up:.

Lucky win really. If this had been a league race I would have been chewed up and spat out. Need to spend more time practicing and possibly invest in a fan for my sim rig as I was pretty hot and this was only half distance:confused2:.

Looking forward to next race in a week.:).

P.s thanks to the guys who got the blue flags. Lots of care taken out there:good:.

BTW: Stefan ... I don't think that you can count this as a "normal" RD event - the track is pretty sick and we all knew it beforehand, lifting off braking or similar at the wrong point is just chaos none of us are not professional racers (except Buxton :giggle:) ... so some silly mistakes happen.

Agree to that, did actually have a look at the replay, and the fact that he was taken off both times by the same person was a coincident from my perspective as both were not intentional (somebody crash in front of him and he could not avoid this person, unfortunately the same person was involved in both cases). Bad luck I would say, but as Nigel pointed out above, Stefan, if you think different, create an incident report. That's the difference to a public server!

I never raced on a public server and most probably never will, as I think the guys here know how to behave! Nobody is free of mistakes, I think there is always a difference in doing something intentional or not, though sometimes the line can be thin, I know!

I guess we were really lucky that many good drivers were busy with Road America :)

I qualified on 7th position but due to other's mistakes or misfortunes, I came out 3rd in the same lap. Made mistakes myself and during the first half of the race stayed around position 5th.

In the second half of the race, I was just going on and went from 5th to 4th, then 3rd, then 2nd position without fighting.

Again, this was a race where in the end I was in front of many people with faster lap times, but I was more consistent, or just lucky.

2nd place and my first podium!

Damn this was fun!

Qualy: Beaten my days personal best so far by 1.3 sec and made P2 after several months of cultivating a dust cover on my G25 :D (Somehow I needed a break from simracing).

Race: Lucky start - while slightly hitting the barrier cause of too much throttle I only lost 1 place. Next one I lost while carried out of Renaultbocht and in the next corner I touched Ingemar in front of me spinning him round - sorry for this mate!!
I waited for him and we continued the race from p10/11 I guess. It was very exiting race until he hit the gravel and lost his car.

I decided to have 2 pit stops - abolutely had no clue how much tires would wear off in 60 mins. This was a wrong decision, but I had to use the 2nd pit stop for some repairs anyway.

After all p4 for me.

Thank you all for this great fair event!

Eric,it is not your foult, like you have seen,the server was the problem.I am sure that next time will be great,and all will be work just fine. :D Thank you very much for organising this race for Race Department and for us,drivers.
I apreciate your efforts.Good luck at your job!! :D

Lol I joined in tonight and didnt go well. Had some problems in Q couldnt concentrate P3.
Race was terrible. I always got a lagg moment of 4 sec. Normaly that happends in the Practice or Q. So no worries. But I guess I didnt have it yet. So we took off and then it happend. My car will keep standing still while I am looking at a frozen screen and nothing I can do. Sorry for that. Was looking forward to the race. Made some setup changes that I hoped would help me getting my car a bit more stable. But well sorry guys that I stood still sadly it normaly never happends in the race. :(

• Andrew Evans

minifriday1.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI

Class: Mini Cooper S
Tracks: Osterreichring 1970 / Westwood Park / Riverside
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Race: 25 mins

Notes

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

• Andrew Evans

Drivers:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Neil Tennant
  3. Dan Coldrick
  4. Dietmar Auferkorte
  5. Rob Goldthorpe
  6. Bart Snijders
  7. *D*a*v*i*d* *B*u*x*t*o*n* :rainbow::rose::girl:
  8. Bob Miley
  9. Claudio Caferri
  10. Graham Clemenger