RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Let's discuss the number of cars on the start grid.I think we should make the grid bigger.40 cars.We have allready 36.....4 more isn't too much

I agree with David,a few more cars just adds more fun...especially if your 4th on the reservelist.....lol:laugh2:.
Really would like to drive on Road America:weep:.Its just a great track,although i'm not that quick there.(1.59.xxx i think),
but it rocks :bang:.Just that one right corner.....

Amazing race guys. :D

I qualified 6th, I think. I did a 1:18, which I thought was outside of my scope.

At the race start, I got off at about the same time as Marcel, who I had a huge fight with over the first few laps. I spun off and then battled with Rob for a cuple of laps. Again I went in too hot trying to overtake and found myself behind Glenn and Michael. I managed to get past them, and brought the car home in 5th position.

Excellent racing guys, I'll see you next time (incidentally the last US Sunday event before my holidays finish..) :)

Fun race.
Race 2:

In lap2 i hit Mtommi when i spun, sorry for that.

Ivo Simons,is no problem,because is mistake,so,don't worry,
I know you are enjoy simracing :)
Remember,we are very fun run this race,i enjoy last night follow your car,and i ready challenge your car,but,you mistake,so,wait for next race close battle again :),

sor is me too late reply your post,because i just finish the work come back,

Hey,:worship:my english no good,some word i can not use on it,I hope you can ok my english :) thx

Hi guyshshshs. Andrew i dont no if I should sign up for this as danielles due the next day. Not that itl happen that day but i dont wana take someones spot n then not turn up. But then if she doesnt and i havnt signed up then its her fault and shel be eliminated from this earth via easy jet planeshshshs yeshshssh???????????????

• Andrew Evans

well, i'll sign you up and you can always sign-out before hand if she experiences a gentle popping sensation.... :nod:

Well, this was a quite horrible event for me :silly:
Race 1 went terrible, I struggled with the Corvette all the time and it was really exhausting. I didn´t find any good setup and the balance of the car was just terrible all the way. I ended up in 10th, after I bunched up 3 or 4 cars behind me in the opening lap.

Race 2, well had the start pile up and I was propably responsible for it :peep:
I guess I lost the car because of the huge wheelspin and propably a little nudge, but I haven´t checked on that one yet. Well, and when I found myself, facing like 10 cars coming at me, that's a pretty awful feeling.^^

Sorry for spoiling the race for some of you guys, I better stick with the Minis or something :bulgy-eyes:

Don't worry about it Tobias. Little tip for the wheelspin of the Vette in slow corners. Stay in 3 when you drive in a second gear corner. You have almost no wheelspin and you are still fast because of the power the Vette has with low RPM. :)

Wow I am late to the party on this event!

I think the voices have said many worthwhile points about the situation regarding aggression and contact in a CLUB RACING format. I am frankly quite guilty of being overly cautiious during the start of a race. I brake early and always get passed by a couple of cars but I am ok with losing the spots early.

It is just a game and I treat it as a leisure activity of intense focus gaming. Now this doesn't mean I don't try to beat all of you and win but I remember the key thought while I pursue my best finish.

Remember there are no trophy girls and contracts waiting for you when the racing is done. all you can really do is lose friends! Why? Because the nature of this group is you r instantly a friend until you hang yourself!

Regarding the tracks, they have been fine IMHO and they allow more guys to be competitive without a larger investment of pre event testing etc. it still comes down to being willing to not SELL OUT for one spot at the expense of other drivers........

The group is getting better on the whole regarding speed on the grid. check out the ORIGINAL Q session sheet for proof. 3rd - 10th are within 3/10th's!!!!!!!!!!

Race_Steam2009-07-1021-39-43-48.jpg

So in the end I have tons of fun with you guys! I have been guilty of and been hit by drivers who over estimate sensible race driving ettiquette in a club environment. But I wouldn't leave because of it and I don't think GARY should either....hang on man it's waaaay more fun than you experienced GARY and I think you know that too.

My racing was fun! I tossed away a podium finish w/ 1.5 laps remaining in R2! I finally got a pitstop to work manually and gained track positi0ns!

So as usual, my evening had its highs and lows. I got in some good battles along the way and frankly, thats what it is all about!

Really busy this week so not sure about my status for Wed/Fri. If I jump in late at least I race at Warwick farm b4 so I won't be the slowest pony in the race.

Finally, seeing BRam roll in here and offer a report an incident option kinda bothers me. Do we really need that going on here? lets just be men about things and talk / resolve the issue like men of honor and character not nasty little houswives..........

no offense Bram. I do appreciate your responsibilties here and the awesome place RD is because of the efforts of guys like you and Eric!

Eric don't be to hasty to change things just yet. It's this format that has brought us to a VERY NICE crowd on Friday nights! The Formula works! if yo go longer track, make sure its still easy to learn at least.

C ya later guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline