• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Friday 10th July 2009 - Mini Friday

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Andrew Evans, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    Friday nights Mini raceing FTW

Race1*
    qualy was hmm plain and simple crap.. found not the rythem of the track :( i think i made 10th or 11th on the grid
    made a good start and put a towrope (copyrights by Keith Peppiat) on Lee and moved up quite fast
    at some point it was a 1,2,3,4 BVM lead, till Yuri showed up in my mirror and started to gave me a hell of a race
    including the one or other paint trade (so lee you know where to send the bill for repainting :p ) i tryed realy my best to keep it together
    but with death Duck tieres now way but i could hold him long enough to let Lee score the 3rd
    i scored 5th what was way more as expected after the praccy... i think SimBin's setup safted my As*

*Race2
    hmm let me start with its Andrews foult :p he forgot to tell it will rain in qualy and race o.O
    so my setup i worked out in praccy was worth Shi* for the race i then swaped to wet tieres but that was hmm how i say not the right way to go :)
    at the beginn it was cool with wet's i could make up a lot of spots i lost at the start
    at one point i had a good battle for 5th with Neil and Laurance till i all messed up and locked up my death tieres
    searching for water on the track realy sorry Laurance
    finished 13th

race3*
    in qualy i made the 7th place and had a good start, again i used the towrope on Lee and was just backing up his rear
    as i noticed i can go faster at this point while Nigel was nagging on my tail also faster at this point of the race
    so i runned wide and let him pass short after we both got a run on Lee but only Nigel could pass i had to back off
    short after i lost concentraion and started to preserve my 5th as i found Ben playing with Barbies in the gravel he still came out infront of the 6th
    but he lost time each lap
    at the end i closed the gab to lee down to 2.2 secs but the race was a few laps to short
    finaly a 1.2.3.4 BVM win shame on Ben for messing up the total domination :p

Realy thanks to RD and Andrew for this awsome event

2. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    Ohh you were doing that. I thought what the hell is he doing swerving around all the time. Looked very funny in my point of view :wink2:

Black Rebels are always screwing up a party. :wink2:

3. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    yea i had to do that with front tiere temp of outside to inside 110/115/121 o.O
    with moving ofline i got them down to 99/104/110 :)

4. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Good races. In the 1st race i screwed alot in the 1st lap as i pushed Bob L and tried to catch a gap to veer off track safely to wait for his return. I was all over the place there, sorry about that. Was racing fine and picking up places but ran wide and catched that goddamn invisible wall too. Drove into pits with flat tire and forgot that i hadn't made pitstop presets so full tank of fuel it was.. 2 laps down but could unlap people a few times, which is always rewarding somehow..

2nd race was more fun. When learning the track (1st time there..) i was so cautious that in the race i had plenty of margin left. Didn't need to change anything to have a good pace on damp track. The same lines, braking points just like in the practice and qualy. At the very end had to drop down a few notches otherwise it was a blast. If i remember correctly i screw up again on the 1st lap running wide but my pace was good enough to pick up places. I was surprised by the 9th place on the grid after qualy and that was the position i finished. Very enjoyable battle with Laurence L.

3rd race was short but sweet. I pushed again Bob L on the 1st corner and after the waiting glued my mini on his ass. Last corner the disaster stroke: I had much faster line on second to last corner and i was already looking for where to overtake when Bob suddenly braked hard (traffic, i guess) and i had to the same. My mini was not agreeing with me as it wanted clearly get to know the barriers intimately. Result was the Hattrick: broken susp, aero and flat tire. It took me so long to get of the sandtrap that everybody whizzed by and 1 lap down before i could limp to the pits.. Too bad, i was looking for a finish in the somewhere in P8-12.

Now i know what Bobs mini look like, i had so many brushes against it..I think in every race :)

5. David Buxton

David Buxton

Ratings:
    +230
    :film:Just been looking through the replays and some of the racing was really close. Lots of overtakes and alot of great battles.:film:

I love this format. I find the battles are closer and go on longer where I think there is less practice on each track :nod:

6. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    ^^ totally agree ... banzai runs with not much praccy on tracks I barely know using slightly tweaked default setups FTW :D

Just watched my own race 2 ... poor result relative to the other races but excellent fun dicing with Rob ... thought I had lost it so many times but we kept reeling each other in ... I just watched that last corner mate, you must have been proper gutted when I stole it so close to the line ... almost feel sorry for yas ... almost :wink2:

7. Bart Snijders

Bart Snijders
    Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    Had good time last night in the mini's, it wasn't my night tho (again) :( had a few good fights in all the races In the 1st race me and Lewis came together after I thought I'd passed him and he spun, sry for that Lewis :nod:
    The other two races didn't go much better and my night ended with a burning mini at the end of the last race after I missed the 1st corner and hit the wall. Thanks to Andrew for this event and to the rest for some great racing :good:

8. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    Just checked the replay ...
    I was indeed right Yuri, you did overcook it trying to outbrake me and all was clean on my side :peace2:

9. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I just wanted to take it slow as I though the line was abit closer you came flying up behind me and I was wrong.. Clean racing apart from a few taps along the way :bang:

10. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +62
    absolutly fantastic nights raceing :smile-big:

Race 1: started 4th or 5th got of the line well and followed Lee through turn 1 nicking a place of yuri. by lap 2 gary and Lee had ran wide handing me the lead. with Gary and Lee fighting i managed to pull out a good lead. but towards the end gary was closing and was tripping over backmarkers. but thankfully the checked flag came out before gary got chance to pass :handshake:

Race 2: started on slicks about 6th, almost stalled of the line but a lack of wheel spin saw me pass a few cars and was 3rd on lap 2, but completly forgot to brake early and went of twice lossing the places i gained earlyer. halfway point and i was getiing used to the grip and was closing on david and lewis. got past david and almost caught lewis and finished 4th.

Race 3: my favorite track of the night, got off the line ok and tooked in behind Michael, after a few great and close laps i got a run out of the chicane and slipped past. a lap or 2 later i got a good run on lee on the staright forcing him to defend the inside so i pulled left to take the racing line and cut back on the inside which almost worked, as we went side by side out of T1 i didnt fancy the outside line for t2 so backed of, althoug a little farther back i tried the same move i did on Michael, which was going well but i needed an extra dab of brakes to prevent running wide just as Lee was tring to switch back hehe :doh2:
    once past i got my head down and managed to pull a good gap and finished 2nd :handshake:

great racing by all, chuffed to bits with my 1st, 4th and 2nd palce finnishes, big thanks to Andy and RD :smile-big:

11. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    Meant to say mucho gratso mate, you were on form last night ... and "very well done!" (in the tone of the patronisingly surprised in-game voiceover man :D)

12. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +62
    near miss on the night goes to Mr Goldthorpe :first:

in coming :bomb:
    [​IMG]

this is gunna smart :thinking:
    [​IMG]

you can open your eyes now Rob :shock:
    [​IMG]

13. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +197
    after a short period of non racing i really enjoyed last night. some great and fair fights and a well done feeling afterwards:) ts was fun also. nice to race ya all and talk at the same time

14. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    Bjorn i watched the replay again of the second race, and you were going off in the second corner of the first lap because of me, but i think it was not really my fault thats why i drove further. I was next to you and you pulled to the right so my front hit touched your back and then you spun, hope it's oke. :) And good to have you back.

This happened a couple of times with Rob, Lee and me, 3 guys on the straight trying to outbreak each other, really fun.

[​IMG]

Me-Rob-Lee

15. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    Nige ... you were lucky he missed you - I made sure I didn't :laugh:

Ivo ... I do indeed remember a few wild 3 x way dices going into there ... I also remember Rob going WAYYYY DEEP into that corner a coupla times too :wink2:

16. Adam Vaughan

Adam Vaughan

Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers andrew really enjoyed the 2 races I joined. Brilliant fight with Daivid first race and chasing down the lennon second race. Few more l;epa Mr Lennon i would of reeled you in. Shame i got in a tight battle with lewis and Dave Lemon but it was a brilliant race. Race 2 my lap times were over a second faster in race than qually on a wetter track. Quite happy with a 2nd with no practice. Also got the fastest lap in race 1 with no practice either. Not that the guys on TS dont no that :lol:

Thanks again MR E :good:

17. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +197

no problem mate it was good fun and in my point of view it was totally fair:)

18. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +62
    i can imagine the voices in your head "look Nigel`s coming down the inside, prepare for ramming speed" :shame:

19. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    Chortles loudly ... yeah ... especially after race 1 where you snuck down the inside when I stupidly went wide and then promptly buggered off to leave me on my own trying to fend off our very own rather tenacious Mr Lenno for about 10-15 laps ... :wink2:

Actually I hadn't realised you were past Michael in Race 3, thought you had come past the pair of us in one move, was actually thinking "f!#? me!! That was a seriously late braking manoeuvre!" ... only realised this morning that you were already past him and it was just me you got the better of there ...

Decided not to let Michael get the better of me, so once my setup settled down a bit (went all wobbly on me mid race) I ooped and off out of his grasp - sorry mate, couldn't have 3 teammates beatin me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.