Frex Bezel Camouflabar

Has anyone got the Frex Bezel Camouflabar or had any experience with it?

Being in the UK we don’t have easy access to the Bezel Free kit from ASUS. So just looking at alternatives.

it seems quite cheap and hence exceptionally low tech, but want to know if it’s a realistic option, or if i should just persevere with trying the get the ASUS kit in the UK.

Although that solution is not very good, you can do your own 'bezel free kit' using an old broken monitor or tv, just gut it open and take the fresnel lens-sheet. Cut suitable stripes and your good to go. I tried it before getting the Asus kit and it actually worked pretty well.

Pic is from my diy-kit, used cardboard sheets and tape to mount it.

Attachments

• diy-bezel.jpg
    diy-bezel.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,301
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has anyone got the Frex Bezel Camouflabar or had any experience with it?

Being in the UK we don’t have easy access to the Bezel Free kit from ASUS. So just looking at alternatives.

it seems quite cheap and hence exceptionally low tech, but want to know if it’s a realistic option, or if i should just persevere with trying the get the ASUS kit in the UK.
The Asus Bezel free kit is available at the moment on Amazon UK at £83 with delivery from 11th to 20th June

Upvote 0

Although that solution is not very good, you can do your own 'bezel free kit' using an old broken monitor or tv, just gut it open and take the fresnel lens-sheet. Cut suitable stripes and your good to go. I tried it before getting the Asus kit and it actually worked pretty well.

Pic is from my diy-kit, used cardboard sheets and tape to mount it.
So I gutted my old acer lcd, took out the lens sheet and cut a few strips. Not sure if I’m doing it right but is it as simple as placing the strip over the bezels?When I do that I can still see straight thru the strip

Upvote 0
So I gutted my old acer lcd, took out the lens sheet and cut a few strips. Not sure if I’m doing it right but is it as simple as placing the strip over the bezels?When I do that I can still see straight thru the strip
Are you sure you used the correct sheet? There are several different filters in a monitor. And if your bezels are really wide i guess it wont work.

Upvote 0
I made some they work great it's just the film isn't the easiest to cut and keep the edge clean, I have cut many strips but they always sort of shine in sections. I've used super sharp plates for my Stanley knife yet i can always see the cut edge.
How is the best way to cut the film cleanly?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years