fresh install once full version is out

no, steam usually is very capable of handling the game files.
What I would think of is to rename (=remove with having backups) the confiuration folders

%localappdata%\AC2
Users\{you}\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione

Which will allow ACC to generate everything on up-to-date defaults - some of the defaults have changed during the journey since 0.1, and may affect especially graphics and performance. Ofc. you have to re-setup controls, ffb and so on, but it may be worth the efforts.

that makes sense, so firing up the old ACC one last time tonight, making a couple of screenies, of in-game settings and after shutting it down removing config folders. sounds good. anything else i should do (apart from being very excited about career mode :) )?

I'm gonna backup the configuration folders and start the game with the default settings first. If it's messy i will reinstall the full game.

I'm pretty confident, it's gonna be ok! ;)

Already took screen shots of my configuration and uninstalled it completely, cant wait to install a new fresh v1.0, however in down under (Australia) I will have to wait another day for the rest of the world to catch up time wise before I can so sad.

from Aristotelis......
1.jpg

"Here's why we cannot really recommend a specific action.

Theoretically and I repeat again, theoretically the game files are installed by steam eliminating old files and and installing the new files. This action goes 99.9% correctly.

Windows operating system, has specific guidelines for specific folders that an application can go and write, overwrite, modify its own files, necessary for running. For example, ACC writes at "user\documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione" folder and at "user\AppData\Local\AC2". As I said, those folder paths are advised by Windows to be used for any software for security, performance and proper behaviour reasons. The operating systems knows that such folders exists and won't make them write only, protected them or prohibit from the software to change them at will...

Now the above is a simplistic explanation and I'm sure software analysts will jump on me and explain many reasons why this is not exactly correct or why other things might happen. I know, I apologise for this kind of explanation.

Fact is, some times the above folders and their files in them might become corrupt, write only or whatever other condition and the new version of a software won't be able to overwrite them with the new files. As a result you might get a new version of ACC properly installed, but something went wrong and it will still use "old" configuration files and saves from the above folder. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to know when this go wrong, why and how to solve it. Only a manual user elimination (often with admin password request) can solve this issue and in the next ACC run, the software will write new virgin files.

So there isn't a correct answer to this I'm afraid. You can update and usually everything will go as planned... remember, there are thousands out there playing and if the big part of them would have problems, this forum would have exploded. But some people do get errors or problems. They complain here rightfully and together we find a solution.

That is all"

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 264 27.8%