Fresh AC install...

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by tjc, Jan 10, 2016.

1. tjc

tjc

Ratings:
    +248
    Hi all...

I want to do a "fresh" install of AC as I`ve been messing about with files and adding graphics mods etc and also been away from AC for a few weeks and would just like to start again now that I`m a bit more familiar with how things work in AC so I`m wondering what would be the best way to do this...

I have a backup of the AC main directory but I`m not sure if this will work as there have been a few updates to AC since I made that backup. If that would work I could just copy over that backup as it`s a "clean" backup iirc, made when I first got AC but as I say, I`m not sure if using that will work.

Anyway, any advice on how to basically start over with a fresh install of AC would be very much appreciated.

I looked at the FAQ`s for Format and reinstall but not sure if this related to a fresh game install or a Windows reinstall...

Cheers

tj. :)

2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing

Ratings:
    +1,265
    Go to your steam library, right click on AC, select game properties, go to local files, select the option to delete local files.

Backup your documents/Assetto Corsa folder if you want to save your setups and replays.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tjc

tjc

Ratings:
    +248
    Thanks for the reply.

Will give this a go. :)

4. tjc

tjc

Ratings:
    +248
    Just wondering here, will I have to re-install cars/mods/skins etc if I do this?

(Still a bit of a AC noob lol)

:p

5. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +498
    Of course, you are starting with a clean install.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tjc

tjc

Ratings:
    +248
    Yeah I know... oh well it`ll be a lot of re-installing but worth it...