Freezing

I'm stumped.

I can successfully run Rfactor, Race 07 and GTR EVOLUTION on my Linx vision 8 (the one with xbox controller dock) tablet.

All these games run perfectly on high settings.

Now I've installed GTR2 on steam and the game freezes but with sound on loop after about 5 minutes?

This happens with or without the latest anniversary patch.

I'm am going away with work next week and wanted to take my sims with me.

The specs are

Intel Atom x5-Z8300 @ 1.44Ghz
2gb Ram
Intel HD on board gfx
Windows 10 32bit

Hope somebody can help.

Hi everyone. Help needed.

I've had some weird problems this week. It began with the dreaded visual C++ runtime error. Took a coupld of days ( yes serious ) of modifyiing, uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing, etc etc all those nasty annoying windows redistribution updates, roll back of drivers etc etc until i ended up uninstalling GTR2 ( twice) and reinstalling it.

So now the runtime termination in unsual way error has been fixed i have a new problem.

A track won't load.

The load screen goes right up to the end, but that's it. Whole thing freezes, same GTR2 loading screen, GTR2 music plays, but NOTHING... can't even open Task Manager to close the program. Have to actually hit the power button and shut down the computer. To be clear, i've raced on other tracks since the runtime issue, but it's one ( that i know of so far) track, one of my BTB/3Dsimed custom built tracks that's not running.

I have done literally hundreds of laps on this track right up to the runtime issue. I've even got a hot lap video posted up on Youtube. And ... BIZARRELY, the first test i did after the runtime issue (default reinstall settings) was to open GTR2 and that track opened first time. Since then, the ONLY things which have changed are i reset the config from default to 1366 x 768 ( which works perfectly for the other tracks) install the 4gb patch, add the GTR2 app to my systems graphics priorities, and install my user files.

Now all of a sudden the track won't load, but freezes the whole system. I'm not getting CTD, i'm getting Freeze so there's nothing really in trace files, although this one was produced.

TRACE LEVEL = 1000
netcomm.cpp 7902: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=1000'""
game.cpp 633: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 469: Entered OSMan::Enter()
game.cpp 1181: Entered Game::Exit()
sound.cpp 831: Entered Sound::Exit()
specialfx.cp 4367: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
hwinput.cpp 6649: Entered HWInput::Exit()
dynman.cpp 1509: Entered DynMan::Exit()
onscreen.cpp 3280: Entered OnScreen::Exit()
vidman.cpp 1801: Entered VidMan::Exit()
osman.cpp 505: Entered OSMan::Exit()

Driving me nuts. Any help, suggestions, fixes, solves are very muuch appreciated.

I'm stumped.

I can successfully run Rfactor, Race 07 and GTR EVOLUTION on my Linx vision 8 (the one with xbox controller dock) tablet.

All these games run perfectly on high settings.

Intel Atom x5-Z8300 @ 1.44Ghz
2gb Ram
Intel HD on board gfx
Windows 10 32bit

i hope you solved your problem. but im fairly shure not with a rig with such low specs. your intel atom is a potatoe pc and im not shure if it is 32bit 386 compatible.graphics are internal and super slow. very low single core power and 2gb ram as minimum spec. win10 will use most of the ram and i don't know how a game using graphics should work without dedicated vram and only 2gb slow ddr3 shared memory. gtr2 will never be fun on this rig.

delete the HAT file
.....\GTR2\UserData\LOG\HAT\yourtrackxxx.hat

Sadly it wasn't that. I deleted the HAT. Same issue. I then deleted the track folder from the game, pasted in the track folder from external harddrive. Same problem. Deleted the .trk file, re created it in 3Dsimed. same problem.

Strangely. Created a new track last night and that is doing the same thing. Brand new track.

Things i don't think it is:
HAT
.trk
.aiw
.gdb
All of them have been deleted and re-created.
It's not Max vehicles (=48 and my custom grids have 46)
It's not .dds or .gtr issues
All .dds are power of 2 and most are used in other models. .gtr has all mats needed

It's happening on some tracks but not others. I too am stumped.

Very strange indeed ! .... comparing a working track and a not working one might maybe help find a slight difference ?
There must be at least one difference somewhere ... else, no reason why some should work and other ones not.

No different layouts for the same track in the non working cases ? ... just an idea as I have no big knowledge about tracks.

EDIT: I think I had such a case not so long ago ... and it was indeed such a track with different layouts... I deleted or renamed a file or a folder but don't remember nor which one causing this problem nor why I did it.
Renaming again this file or folder name with just the only one character I deleted before solved the problem.

Last edited:
Funny enough i was wondering about that myself. Both tracks involved have a GP layout and a National layout. I think fin ding a single line of text that's wrong will be too difficult. Sometimes when editing materials mapping in 3dsimed i'll work with one .trk and save it as two different names. I was thinking perhaps something has gone wrong somewhere. I might to go back into BTB and generate all new files for each track, with different names to those currently used. Then mat map edit each of the .trk files in 3Dsimed seperately

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%