FreeSync - nVidia 2070 - Triple Screen...does it work?

M D Gourley

Premium
Is 'FreeSync' going:O_o:...I have an ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 and it only has 2x Display Ports, so I thought I would test a theory out, attached Display Port Cables to 2 of my 3 AOC monitors, the Centre and Left monitors and plugged the other end into my 2070, the Right side monitor had to have the HDMI.
I went into the nVidia Control Panel and...there it was:confused: 'Set Up G-Sync':thumbsup:...as it was not there before when I had all 3 monitors connected via HDMI ports.
I looked in the AOC monitor OSD settings to see if 'FreeSync' was activated....it was:confused::confused:...OMG...but only on the 2 monitors that have the Display Port cable attached...the Centre and Left monitors on my Triple Screen set up....and the triple screen set up is working as normal in all Sims I have:confused:
Question is: Does this mean I have FreeSync running on the Centre and Left monitors
1 nVIDIA CONTROL PANEL enable g sync.jpg

FreeSync is activated on the Centre monitor, connection is via DisplayPort cable
1 AOC FREESYNC centre monitor copy.jpg

FreeSync is activated on the Left side monitor, connection is via DisplayPort cable
2 AOC FREESYNC Left monitor copy.jpg

Right side monitor not activated with FreeSync as this is connected with HDMI (not supported)
2 AOC FREESYNC Right monitor copy.jpg

Is 'FreeSync' running on the centre and left side monitor only...how would I know:O_o::geek:

Nice, my problem is I bought a 2070S a week before I decided I need simracing in my life. Only have 2 DP. I really like running a gsync monitor and never want to go back.
I bought my 2070s before I had triples, but it was in the back of my mind that I was going to do it at some point. My 2070s has 3 x DPs
Could always sell it and buy one with 3 instead.

Upvote 0
I bought my 2070s before I had triples, but it was in the back of my mind that I was going to do it at some point. My 2070s has 3 x DPs
Could always sell it and buy one with 3 instead.
That's the plan, it's the good one, O8G, and I don't overclock it. Unfortunately I've been checking Canadian retailers multiple times per day watching for an asus 3080. Will be awhile before my rig is ready anyway. TY

Upvote 0
Ah that sucks. My last card was a 2070s and it’s good card for triples. Good luck.
Yeah, my 2070s is doing so well I'm almost not bothered about getting an upgrade. The only reason I usually do it is so that I get a little higher trade in value to take the sting out of the cost. Thing is these cards right now cost nearly double what I paid for my 2070s not too long ago. A Zotac 3070 at a local retailer here is going for RM3,800!!!
I paid RM2,100 for my last card... Its ridiculous

Upvote 0
I saw things getting worse towards the end of last year and realized the 30xx launch was going to be a shitshow. Kind of panicked and spent too much on a really good card thinking I'd be good for a gen or 2. 2070S isn't really good enough for the latest VR so I'm stuck with ultrawide until I can source a 3080. No big deal, going to be awhile yet before I can get my build to that point regardless. I paid more for this 2070S than the 3070's msrp :( but it was brand new and not refurbished or open box which kinda felt like winning a lottery at the time. Canadian supply on these cards has been terrible for more than 6 months.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years