Resource icon

Misc Freeroam layout for "Red Bull Ring" 2020-01-14

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Freeroam layout for "Red Bull Ring" - The "Red Bull" labyrinth awaits you

As if to celebrate Ilja`s new grass I went to test the latest patch on Red Bull Ring. And got completely carried away by the layout of the track`s surroundings. Here you can try to navigate the well made 3D maze that is the freeroam layout of the Kunos track.
View attachment 343707View attachment 343708View attachment 343709

Install: unpack in "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\ks_red_bull_ring\" and confirm merging of folders. No files are...

Read more about this resource...

I had not problems downloading/installing. (Is it supposed to be wet all the time ?)
I do however have problems finding a way out of the track limits. Searched in free flight...couldn't see a 'free' spot either. Is it made visible or just non collidable ?

Searched in free flight...couldn't see a 'free' spot either. Is it made visible or just non collidable ?
where is the gap
Found the Gap.
The gap is "visible" by the means of comparing the "GP" layout from your photographic memory with the "freeroam". Some objects are missing from the area where the gap is. Not near the pits...
Bravo Malefor! Give us a pretty selfie with your favorite freeroam car. It`s not a spam here. And please keep the secret gap for little longer so that more people can enjoy the feeling you felt when you found it.
Screenshot_jaguar_mk2_ks_red_bull_ring_14-1-120-15-39-9.jpg

Last edited:
wet all the time
It`s not if you use CSP and have the attached .ini in "..\content\tracks\ks_red_bull_ring\freeroam\extension\"

or edit "models_freeroam.ini"
Code:
[MODEL_9]
FILE=red_bull_ring_WET.kn5-
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_10]
FILE=we_rb_2.kn5-
POSITION=0.009,0.009,0.009
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_11]
FILE=white_paint.kn5
POSITION=0.012,0.012,0.012
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_12]
FILE=we_rb_pud.kn5-
POSITION=0.011,0.011,0.011
ROTATION=0,0,0

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    246 bytes · Views: 147
Ok so i finally found the wall, and the description was very misleading. it took far to long to find it, since i was looking for a gap in the wall as stated. as in a clear entrance. the real entrance is a wall you phase through. so that means you have to RAM every single wall until you finally get passed. that just isnt practical for people on limited time to play. so im going to tell them where it is, because i figure if you are looking here in discussion then you have already looked and couldnt find it.

The entrance is Right at the bend in the national Track, on the left side. Ram the orange and white barriers. so its the first right turn after you come out of the pits. where the national layout normally cuts off the track. so take the turn as if you are on the national route, then ram the left wall where you see the two martials standing with orange/white barriers. you phase right through it. but there is no indication that the wall is a ghost wall. i got lucky i crashed when drifting the turn, or i would have never found it.

Last edited:
Took me a little longer to find the gap than I expected. The instructions were a little misleading, I think. Without spoiling it, I will say that there's seemingly solid entrance near the objects that were visibly removed. I spent too much time bumping into solid walls and barricades until I found the correct spot.

Anyway, here I am posing with the bull in my Magnus Singer

redbull.jpg

Edit: Looks like it was already spoiled :p

I think the misleading part is that we were looking for a literal gap. Like, no objects at all. Fact is, there ARE objects that would normally be solid but had their hitbox removed, and you need to drive through them.

redbull_gap.jpg

Very strange situation. I deliberately removed the all splines incl. "ideal_line" to avoid suck errors. You can try fixing it by placing copies if the two ".ai" files from the "GP" layout.
Strange indeed. Track also acted like gravel (dust animations and physics) until I copied the AI files from GP folder. I restored the original AC files in case, same result. Must be something specific to my setup.

no objects at all
Wouldn`t be a quest if I hide the barriers and leave the space bare. And if reading more carefully my old post you`ll notice the big solid wall of the "GP" layout is not there but you had to crash into the gap to find it...
Sorry guys, but I only meant to make you feel good!

Last edited:
dust animations and physics
Yes to the first and no to the second - it`s part of Fracasso`s "Wet Mod" and there is not much decrease of the friction (0.945 being the lowest for the track, above 1 in some parts). Normally dry good asphalt is 0.98 in most of the tracks.
If you are replacing "data" folder with the copy of the one from "layout_gp" in order to have the "gap" for exiting you have to insert in surfaces.ini
Code:
[SURFACE_15]
KEY=03WALL3
FRICTION=0.90
DAMPING=0.0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.5
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0