free winzip download

my winzip trial ran out and it won't let me get another one. I don't want to buy winzip because it's too expensive. I found a free download of winzip on a site called winzippro2010.com and not so sure if i should download it. It says winzip all over the site but not so sure if it is powered by winzip or if it is really winzip and doesn't give you a virus. Please help me soon so i can start downloading things again that i need,

its integrated into windows shell for me. just right click your file and click 'unzip to' in the 7zip menu. If its not there reinstall and be sure to check 'integreate into shell/explorer'

Austin,

7-Zip will do pretty much everything Winzip will do, uninstall Winzip and then run 7-zip if you still have it installed, go to Tools > Options and select all file types to associate these with 7-Zip, then go to 7-Zip tab and tick Intergrate 7-Zip to the Shell and tick Cascaded context Menu (if you prefer not to have cascaded Shell menus then untick this one), you can leave most other stuff on default.

You should find whatever you did in Winzip you can now do with 7-Zip, i.e opening zips, creating zips, clicking and dragging to "unzip here" etc.

HTH

Craig

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%