Free song editing software?

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Hey all,

Is there any free software that can change the length of songs or cut out part of it? Just I am into Trance music, where most of the songs are 7 or 8 minutes long and the first 2minutes are usually just the same beat. So by cutting that out it saves me a lot of bother having to always skip to a bit in the song I want to listen to.

Ross, I have one, but I forgot the name of it. U can select an area of the song and just cut it, or use filters on it.
I always use it, for editing fade in/outs on live songs. i will post it when I'm at home.

Ross you should also check out Reaper by cockos its as powerful as pro-tools ( which they use in professional recording studios ) only its alot easier to use and much more flexible not to mention the installer is only around 4mb it is free to download and trial and you can use it un-restricted after the trial period you just have to wait 4 seconds once it starts up before you can get rid of the reminder to buy it but it is soo worth it and way way way way better than audacity and it comes with built in effects but it can also run VST and direct X plug ins and VST instruments and DX instruments as well. so i strongly recomend reaper by cockos.

Pro-tools is easy to use if you have the hardware. I'll take a look at Reaper though.

I didn't mention anything like that as he's only chopping songs up not writing them :)

yeah i just hate audacity for anything lol if it wasnt for that i wouldn't have said anything lol. pro tools is easy to use if you know what your doing. and yeah with out the hardware good luck lol. im still amazed at how much they fit into reaper and still have only a 4mb install file its crazy thats including all the free effects and virtual instruments that comes with reaper. if you guys would like i could upload some screen shots of reaper?

hehe compression is awesome when used properly can really bring in some life to a dull track but over do it and sounds dull and flat and as you would guess squashed lol. sorry no screenies just yet been busy will upload some in the next few days ( went over my download limit to so really slow net at the moment )

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%