F1 2013 Free Practice Strategies

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello all,

Just wondering how everyone utilizes their free practice sessions in career mode.
What strategies do you concentrate on?
Tyre wear? Fuel consumption? Or just fastest lap time and set up for qualifying?

Interested in hearing your strategies.

Cheers

I do all kinds of things in free practice sessions in Career and often re-start the practice session because there is not enough time to work out everything in one hour. If i haven't sorted out a setup prior that is the number one thing i work on (usually with about 75% fuel load on Primes).
Next i usually sort out the time difference between the tyres, sometimes it's only half a second or so but sometimes it's a lot more.
Then i check out the tyre life by doing long runs (note this only works if you do 100% distance races because the tyre wear is not scaled down in free practice).

If you do full quali sessions you have to remember to conserve your tyres for the race, you only get 3 sets of each tyre for quali and the race, so restarting the free practice sessions helps with that as well.

I do all kinds of things in free practice sessions in Career and often re-start the practice session because there is not enough time to work out everything in one hour.

I do the exact same thing.
1hr is just not long enough to cram all the testing in along with a 25-40% stint.
I really hope they bring back all 3 free practices or at least increase the session to 90mins.

Cheers

Basically I get use to the track.Change setup and practice it.If I have time I do a Quali sim and see how fast I can go.Last 20 mins is just basically put full fuel and get feel for the tyre deg.

But I really want FP1,FP2 back.With the amount of tyre deg we have that's a must actually.:mad:.CM can get them back with just a minor update,but they wont :cry:.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%