Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CVG had the following to report about GRID 2. Seems that after many years a sequel is in the making.
Race Driver: GRID released way back in 2008 and people liked it. A lot. So where the bloody hell's the sequel? It's coming, according to the Official Xbox Magazine UK.

The rumours page of the latest issue of OXM gives GRID fans a new reason to be excited. "The GRID team at Codemasters is actively working on GRID 2," says the magazine. "It's likely to arrive after the release of F1 2012."

F1 2012 is expected to hit shops in September, so it's possible Codies could be eyeing a late 2012 release for the currently unannounced sequel.
There have been whispers of a GRID 2 stretching back to 2010, so an announcement is overdue. But with Codemasters having recently made the shift to a dedicated racing development studio, we wouldn't be surprised to hear something more concrete soon.
Source: CVG

How to sign up
PSN:
Full name:
team mate:

if you don't have a team mate you will be put with someone random.

Points system
This will be the point system(50-40-35-32-30-28-26-24-22-20).

Rules
1.to be little as content as possible.
2.No crashing into people.
3.Give space and be fair with the other drives.
4.when trying to be overtaken you only move once like the f1 rules today.
5.Don't take an short cuts or can DNQ or banned.

Race time and date of the races

21:00 BST
The races will be run over every week but going to wait till i get more people to race. Then i will set a date for the first race.

Race calendar

As the same reason for the calendar.

I realize this game is old, but I still play it once in a while because I refuse to pay a new release price for the new Grid.

But this has always driven me nuts. Regardless of how I throttle in the beginning of a race, and regardless of what vehicle I am in, the AI always get off the line faster than me. I catch them in second or third gear every time, but it gets frustrating for inferior cars to beat me to the first corner every single race.

Am I missing something, or do Grid 2 AI just cheat?

hi everyone i am new here

ı just wanted ask you guys, maybe know how to fix
i was changing some cars vinlys like Silvia S15 and dodge charger
ı didnt have any problem with this cars but when i changed Skyline Nismo

ı am sure this is the texture of skyline
grid2/cars/models/sky/livery_user/textures_high/sky_tex_high_user.pssg

but Vinly Didnt show up on the car,ı dunno why but vinly is not working :/
anybody know how to fix this ?

Hello all,

I play Grid 2 from time to time using my g27.... or at least I try to....

It worked before, but then it abruptly just stopped responding to my wheel. Literally no button I press on the wheel (believe me, I've pressed every single button on the g27 and the game didn't respond to any of them at all from startup) works.

Has anyone got a fix? I've tried verifying game cache, reinstalling game.. and etc. Nothing worked. I emailed support and was told to come here.

Hi there! In Grid2, an unnecessarily high level of complexity at the ultrahad freestyle extreme overtrack! Did you yourself pass this level? Where does the appliance have 23,000 - 25,000? He could not get through. Can you prove with your game that you can score 26,000 on ultrahard yourself? I have been playing your game for a long time, but I have to constantly pass this level to medium. Only in the second round it turns out to reach 1000x +, but the trucks travel too tightly and the level of points drops to 900, 800 …

I got an e-mail today from Humble Bundle offering me a free download of Grid 2? Anyone else get this notice and is it legit? If so, is it even worth the download? (I know that it's an old game.....so no offense meant.)

Thanks!

I got an e-mail today from Humble Bundle offering me a free download of Grid 2? Anyone else get this notice and is it legit? If so, is it even worth the download? (I know that it's an old game.....so no offense meant.)

Thanks!

As someone who has invested over 2000hrs into GRID 2, I can answer your question with a resounding YES! This is Codemasters' greatest racing game to date. Not GRID 1, not GRID Autosport, not the Dirt or F1 series....but GRID 2. The cars are very VERY arcadey, and handle more like Ridge Racer cars. They love, no...they ENCOURAGE powersliding at every corner. In fact you must learn to powerslide the cars to be fast. If you are OK with these facts, then by all means get it. I am probably the game's biggest fan in all the sim-racIng community but I can tell you it's worth buying at full price even TODAY! So getting it for free is an absolute no-brainer.

As someone who has invested over 2000hrs into GRID 2, I can answer your question with a resounding YES! This is Codemasters' greatest racing game to date. Not GRID 1, not GRID Autosport, not the Dirt or F1 series....but GRID 2. The cars are very VERY arcadey, and handle more like Ridge Racer cars. They love, no...they ENCOURAGE powersliding at every corner. In fact you must learn to powerslide the cars to be fast. If you are OK with these facts, then by all means get it. I am probably the game's biggest fan in all the sim-racIng community but I can tell you it's worth buying at full price even TODAY! So getting it for free is an absolute no-brainer.
Thanks for responding.

I downloaded and installed it this morning and already have run into problems.

I use a Logi G29 wheel. Controller choices only were "Keyboard" and "Direct Input". So, I chose Direct Input and the following menu went nuts - the highlight was rapidly scrolling from choice to choice. I couldn't control it, so I C-A-D'ed out.

Any idea what I did wrong? Does this game even support wheels?

Thanks.

Thanks for responding.

I downloaded and installed it this morning and already have run into problems.

I use a Logi G29 wheel. Controller choices only were "Keyboard" and "Direct Input". So, I chose Direct Input and the following menu went nuts - the highlight was rapidly scrolling from choice to choice. I couldn't control it, so I C-A-D'ed out.

Any idea what I did wrong? Does this game even support wheels?

Thanks.
When you fist start the game, DO NOT press any keys on your keyboard!!!! Instead, press any button on your wheel when the game prompts you to press something. The reason for this is because their games get conflicted between KBs and wheels and if you press the KB first it'll recognize that only, and you lose wheel compatibility. Once you press a button from the G29, you should be able to get into the controller options and select a Logitech steering wheel and proceed to configure and map your inputs with it.

If worse comes to worse and that doesn't solve the issue, you may have to do a small edit of the xml file contained in the game's wheel directory. Google Codemasters games XML wheel editing to learn more.

The procedure was not as you described, but I got it working - Thanks.

Definitely not a realistic sim, but looks like it could be good fun.

My only complaint thusfar is that the wheel is REALLY heavy to turn and I can't really feel any FFB effects. Any way to lighten the weight of the wheel and dial in some FFB? The only adjustments I found were for linearity, saturation, and deadzone.

Thanks again.

The procedure was not as you described, but I got it working - Thanks.

Definitely not a realistic sim, but looks like it could be good fun.

My only complaint thusfar is that the wheel is REALLY heavy to turn and I can't really feel any FFB effects. Any way to lighten the weight of the wheel and dial in some FFB? The only adjustments I found were for linearity, saturation, and deadzone.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear you got it working! There should be some sort of Advance wheel menu option somewhere in the wheel config menu that lets you adjust things like FFB strength, saturation, etc.

Ok , I got this for free so, I shouldn't expect too much, but when i start the game - options- controls, I can choose my wheel (t500rs) as an option, but i can't change any button settings or pedal settings, nothing reacts, and when i start the first race, nothing works at all :(

UPDATE:
Nevermind, it wouldn't work because my wheel rotation was set @ 1080, once i set it at 900 it started working, had same problem with Dirt Rally, must be a codies thing :O_o:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 254 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years