RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: 'Silhouette Series' meaning the cars are the same, like DTM?
Not exactly. Silhouette meaning they look like a bit like their road-going counter-part, but are in fact a shell on a racing chassis. The four cars themselves are very well BoP'd so have almost identical pace, but each has a different engine and slightly different handling.

Canhard R51
  • 3.5L V6 normally aspirated
  • 400hp / 422Nm
  • 7500rpm redline
  • Mid-engine
  • 1050kg
  • 46/54 weight distribution
  • 2448mm wheelbase
  • 80 Liter fuel tank. Enough for 1 hour+
Canhard R52
  • 2.5L Inline-5 Turbo charged
  • 415hp / 481Nm
  • 7200rpm redline
  • Front Engine
  • 1035kg
  • 50/50 weight distribution
  • 2448mm wheelbase
Cougar C14-1
  • 1.8L Inline-4 Turbo charged
  • 420hp / 332Nm
  • 9400rpm redline
  • Front Engine
  • 1000kg
  • 48/52 weight distribution
  • 2640mm wheelbase
Cougar C14-2
  • 3.0L V6 Turbo charged
  • 399hp / 403Nm
  • 8000rpm redline
  • Mid Engine
  • 1050kg
  • 44/56 weight distribution
  • 2640mm wheelbase

Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

Canhard R52 #10 please.

Canhard R51 #5 for me pls

That being said, I just chose it randomly, I have no idea about the drawbacks / advantages of each car and I probably won't have time to do laps until the weekend. Maybe someone give me a few cues how each car handles, that would be great :D

That being said, I just chose it randomly, I have no idea about the drawbacks / advantages of each car and I probably won't have time to do laps until the weekend. Maybe someone give me a few cues how each car handles, that would be great :D
There's not a lot to be said, really. I'm not sure any of them have any particular advantages or drawbacks, and all are capable of pretty much the exact same pace. I spent hours in them this afternoon and the difference was negligible. This is probably because they are purely fictional cars, which means S3 can do whatever it takes to make them as closely BoP'd as possible. I chose my car based on my preferred appearance and engine sound alone since there was no difference in performance.

They're easy to drive and pretty forgiving, which is why I chose them... great cars to hopefully get some newbies on board.

The R51 sounds gloriously.
Doesn't it just? Main reason I picked it to be honest... if I'm going to be listening to an engine for 90 minutes then it may as well be one I enjoy! Also prefer the cockpit of the Canhard to the Couger, motec is far easier to read in VR. And as an added bonus, the Canhard has a rear-view camera. ;)

The cornering prowess is not mind bending like the DTMS, more like a tuned-up touring car. They're nice and easy to drive, one sounds great, the other are ok. I do find the handling a little on the safe side though, I find that some tinkering is required. And the tires get REALLY hot! It dosent impact performance much, but you do worry when you see triple digit celcius figures.

And the tires get REALLY hot! It dosent impact performance much, but you do worry when you see triple digit celcius figures.
If I'm not mistaken and if I remember correctly that Ross and I had it confirmed by Alex, forgot his last name, but I do believe he was involved with the development of the new Force Feedback last December. Where I do think he said the temperature does not affect the handling, but it does affect the tyre wear. Perhaps, Ross, you can confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong. On some cars, it is literally impossible to keep the tyres in double digits. Basically, there is no amount of wheel camber, toe or tyre pressure will make much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%