RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never run again in my life with this car. In addition, in the first lap, someone has given Me from behind, which has relegated me to the last and how much distance. Sorry to say, I didn't like the car at all. It seems to me that it has an absurd and exaggerated behavior in the traction and is completely different from the 2016 dtm

Last edited:
Qual: As expected really, had a strong feeling Steve and Calvyn was faster, but not by that much. Cracking pace mates :thumbsup:

Race 1: Got a poor start, but made up for it in T1 and T2 by overtaking 3rd and 2nd and found myself behind Steve. Had a small go at him for the first few laps until he just buggered off into the distance. Solid drive and pace Steve, looks like you found some pace either in the setup or the driving during the 4 weeks with this car.

Race 2: Lots of traffic! Got spun around in the hairpin and later pushed wide at Mercedes (T8). Had a cracking battle with Ross and Steve for 2nd during the final laps. Thought about making it 3 wide into the hairpin :p but ran out of power and tried the slingshot pass instead. Didnt work on Ross, only worked on Steve because he gave it too much wonga.
Had a few more goes at Ross at Sachs and Südkurve on the final lap, the latter one resulting in the mother of all slides. Nice work Ross, you earned that one! :thumbsup:

While these cars are fast and good fun to drive, I'm also happy they're gone because they're so difficult to drive. Racing the GT3's in rF2 yesterday vs these things are certainly two different types of cars! Easy vs super difficult. Cheers for setting up the races Ross, much appreciated! :)

Btw, does anyone have the replay of race 2? I need to check some things.

Last edited:
A cracking finale to the series, really enjoyed that. :) Had a couple of nice battles in race one and then was chasing Jack for the remainder. Got right on his bumper for the final lap, side-by-side out of the last corner, drag race to the finish line. He beat me by something like 0.01 of a second! :cry:

Finish01.png

Second race was equally fun, somehow found myself in 3rd early on and chasing down the leaders. Had a little fight with Sasha and finally made the pass, but couldn't catch JP to challenge for the lead. For the final laps I had both Jan and Steve closing in. Funnily enough I'd saved some DRS specifically for this occurrence, so it was a case of using it when I could and trying to make my car wiiiide where I couldn't. That hairpin certainly was a fun moment! :cool: Somehow managed to stay ahead and got a very unexpected 2nd place... not bad for someone who qualified second from last! :p

Great racing guys, difficult cars but a really enjoyable series. :thumbsup:

Btw, does anyone have the replay of race 2? I need to check some things.
I've uploaded it for you... click here!

@Goffik thanks for the replay :)

No worries KO, I requested the replay for that incident and one other thing. I had no idea what happened other than I got turned, so I had to see what happened before I made any conclusions. Looks like a simple mistake as you say, no hard feelings :)

There was some chat regarding the next series of events. And I would like to say. Group C, Silhouette Series with Mount Panorama and Road America somewhere within the mix. With some free content for added interest and attraction. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
It's funny that of the four classes suggested so far, three are already on my own shortlist. :)
Mind you haven't seen the Tatuus F4 for what seems at least a year. And I have no idea if it had any updates of any kind since it's been last used by the club or myself. Might have a look-see later if I have time.

Last edited:
R1.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
<== Paste link into your browser to connect.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Practice Server
Race Server: RaceDepartment.com EU - Silhouette Series
Cars: Silhouette Series
Track: Portimao - National

Saturday 21/11/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 19:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:55 UTC (20 minutes)

Silhouette Series: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - Canhard R51 #22
  2. ScanScan - Canhard R51 #25
  3. ko41 - Cougar C14-2 #28
  4. PorDallas - Cougar C14-1 #8
  5. Bryce Waard - Cougar C 14-1 #33
  6. EireGreen™ - Canhard R52 #10
  7. Gerdoner - Canhard R51 #5
  8. Jopamir - Cougar C14-1 #26
  9. rustymoto - Canhard R51 #12
  10. PurgerUK - Cougar C14-2 #14
  11. chequers - Canhard R51 #7
  12. Jan Larsen - Couger C14-2 #30
  13. Kevin Bradley - Canhard R51 #15
  14. Calvyn White - Couger C14-2 #40
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

UTP#31

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Silhouette Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up!

Note that the content required to race in this series is almost entirely FREE! All four Silhouette cars plus the first three tracks on the calendar are included with the free RaceRoom download on Steam, so this is a great opportunity to jump into our club racing scene and join the fun!

Details of the calendar are as follows:

21/11/20 - Round 1: Portimao - National​
28/11/20 - Round 2: Sepang - Grand Prix​
05/12/20 - Round 3: RaceRoom Raceway - National​
12/12/20 - Round 4: Monza - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

N/A​

Last edited:
A couple of extra notes guys.

I'll be making use of the server scheduling feature which should now be working. The maximum practice session is six hours, meaning the event server can't be left up 24/7 for practice on anything other than the race afternoon. So instead there will now be a dedicated practice server, as listed in the OP above.

Second is that the session times have been tweaked. Events will still begin officially at 19:00 UTC, but "official" practice will be 20 minutes (the server will still be online before 19:00 UTC though) and qualifying will be 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.8%