Frankenstein (WIP)

Tracks Frankenstein (WIP) 0.475

Login or Register an account to download this content
Havalook submitted a new resource:

Frankenstein (WIP) - Custom track

frankenstien-pic.jpg

Hey guys,
This is my first attempt at a track. Ive been using Race Track Builder (RTB) for about 3 weeks, and probably a good half of that on this track.
I apologise for the name of it...i just started with it...and it stuck.

This is totally fictional track, created by my wonky mind, that i hope someone else can enjoy and have fun with.

There is still plenty to do, this is very much a work in progress..so expect weekly updates...

Read more about this resource...

I noticed that when trying to compress the files in Content Manager, it will leave me with 1 file which says it can be compressed, but it refuses to compress it. Seems a little strange.

I noticed that when trying to compress the files in Content Manager, it will leave me with 1 file which says it can be compressed, but it refuses to compress it. Seems a little strange.
Hmm..that does seem strange mate. I have no idea why....ive only just recently started using content manager myself.

Havalook updated Frankenstein (WIP) with a new update entry:

Frankenstein 0.3 (Added track + Virtual gardening)

So this update was supposed to have been focused on the aesthetics...but after doing some virtual gardening for quite a few hrs, i got bored. I have added/hidden a few things around the track, but to be honest ive been pretty busy with RL this last week.
Yesterday i had the bright idea of adding a new part of track to the circuit..forgetting i need to do new AI line & cameras!
Anyways i managed to get it somewhat done just now. The AI at least survive better now, but also are slower and more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Frankenstein 0.35 (New Pit-lane + Flags)

This past week ive made a new pit-lane, as the old one was..well..wonky :poop:. The new one is much better imo, though it still needs work!
Added some flags, still have loads of 'em to put down.
Done a wee bit of work on parts of the aesthetics, nothing major.

I also played around with the specular(?) amount on the trees. Im not sure if i like it, or not. It looks a little less mario-kart, but still very far from Picasso lol.
Im now looking into shadows...im still learning as i go...

Frankenstein 0.4 (40 Pit spaces + Shadows & Reverb)

Theres honestly not that much in this weeks update, although i think it improves the track by a lot!
Added 40 car pits, which makes it more chaotic..if thats your sauce.
Finally got shadows looking pretty good imo..though as always, still needs work!
My big break through this week is reverb. Chuffed i managed to figure it out (from lots of different posts on the internet, with little bits of info, here and there). Shame you cant hear it from the cockpit, but in chase-cam and replays its all...

Frankenstein 0.45 (Hotels, Motels & Dynamics)

Hey guys!
This weeks update includes some new building, flags that flow with the wind, and a somewhat working waterfall :whistling:

Ive also made the "bump" leading into the tunnel, towards the sea, a little smoother. I noticed with 40 cars, it often lead to mass pileups of AI, refusing to either manoeuvre or bash their way through...like i do...but its fake AF like that. So hopefully that should be better. In testing i came home last, in position 28th (two lap race), so yeah not too bad...

Frankenstein 0.475 (Camelot, Control & Reflection)

Ok with no update last week, because I screwed up and lost everything that i worked on that week...this weeks update is considerably not too bad. I had to go through it all again, and try to remember what id done etc.

So this update consists of:
A new massive sign at Camelot.
Finally, a somewhat decent looking control tower.
Reflection.
A wee bit of advertising.
New rock texture.
Couple houses added.
Added a rumble strip.
Fixes.
Various touches here n there.

Camelot corner sign....

Still a beginner to this track. Lots of errors in my driving but I drove a Porsche 959 as fast as I could and my best lap was just under 5 minutes. So the track length I feel is adequate. The rough road sections are really rough bumpy I feel it a little too much in my wheel and really turn me off from racing anything lower to the ground, namely the Formulas and GT3 and faster. Do you want to smooth them?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%