DiRT Rally Framerate problems? Try this.

nickh158

Sunday Driver
I have had major problems with the FPS changing from 75+ to below 20. It happened on all tracks and at the same point. Pike's Post Peak was the worst, with huge swathes of track unplayable due to FPS as low as 19.
I tried every possible solution, but nothing worked. I finally found a solution, so I,thought I'd post all remedies in one thread. These resolutions are from various other threads, so I can't claim to be the author of any of them. So:
1. I have 2 steam libraries on different disks and simply cut and pasted the replays folder from it's original library to the other one.
2. Set the refresh rate to 60 and turn V/Sync on, to lock the frame rate.
That's it; game's running perfectly at 60fps.
Try these two solutions before turning graphics options down I turned them down so much that the game ended up looking like Colin McRae 1. Only worse. And the frame rate only improved marginally. The one option you might want to turn off though is Advanced Blending.
Hope this helps someone.

Interesting... thanks Nick, when i get home tomorrow I'll give it a try. I run it medium - high and get around 40 - 55fps normally, so a boost in graphics and steady 60fps will be nice indeed.
I'll report back tomorrow night with the results...
Thanks

• Deleted member 197115

Hmm, interesting. I had Adaptive vSync in NVidia global settings already but also setting it in the game helped with occasional stuttering as it seems. Thanks, need to do more testing to make sure it's not a one time lucky run.

EDIT: Nope, just a lucky run. Forest in clear weather is still stuttery at times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years