Framerate in R3E and optimizing with nvidiaInspector

R3E used to run very smoothly on my system (2 x GTX 460 in sli7 970 CPU) But lately I have seen a lot of tearing a low frame rate. At least, that's what it looks like because I am unable to bring up a framerate display in game. The old CTRL-F doesn't seem to work and neither do a bunch of other key combos I have tried. How do I bring up my framerates in R3E?

Additionally, I was wondering if maybe overclocking my cards with nvidia Inspector would be a good idea. Problem is, I am a bit of a pussy with OC and I have been unable to figure out the best optimization and OC with nvidia Inspector.

Is there a tutorial someplace I can follow?? The ones I found seem to be leaving out a lot of smaller things, assuming readers already know about them.

Thanks.

PS: I have read someplace that R3E doesn't work well with SLI. Thing is that I have read the same thing with iRacing, but when I doubled up my cards, I gained a huge amount of framerates and if I take the secondary card offline I go back to the low framerate I had before, so it must be doing something. Maybe the same is true for R3E?

Is there anything special with Nurburgring?
I hadn't test this track with my new 970GTX yet until this weekend. With all other tracks of GT Masters pack I have solid 60fps everywhere with quite high resolution settings.
But I was very surprised to notice many lags on Nurbur, even by reducing some parameters. Actually it's almost impossible to race on it.

Environment of this track seems have changed (new banners, etc..) recently . May be a new version in the scope of recent announcements done by Sector 3?
If yes, I hope all the tracks won't be modified in the same way.
It's a pity I can't apply decent video setting with a computer that costs more than 1100€

id turn vsync of , i always do , there are some tracks that eat a bit more fps , tricks you can do ;
in the nvidia control panel ; set (for the game or globaly) maximum pre rendered frames to 1
in game turn your mirrors down to low ,
nurburgring isnt that bad for me but i run lower settings , if your not bothered by all the add ons waving flags and crowds of people turn them off by setting in game the track level detail to low

http://gyazo.com/7f1169bbbbbd11371f42c88c19499d37
http://gyazo.com/6df3322ae7575e6f21b2f48a8b8273b4
http://gyazo.com/f06f8723f368c57e074eae816ec4bbe2

those are my settings for a low level card , gtx 560ti
ones to avoid setting on high are car reflections and shaders

hope that helps

Andi

I raced with 23 AI. I tested with or without Shadow split : no noticeable change.
Strangely, time of day does'nt have any effect neither: tested morning, noon and sunset.
During practices, fps are acceptable but during race, less than 60fps everywhere.

To Andi: I already tested without Vsync. It was worse. I will test your other tricks. Strange thing is I didn't have any trouble on Nurbur with my old card (R9 270 I think, almost same level as yours) with medium settings.
With my new card, it's perfect on all other GT Master tracks.
So, I guess something has been changed on this circuit. Something I don't like. At all.

Anyway, I would very happy to get explanation from S3 to understand why most of tracks are "fps friendly" and why Nubur became suddenly so consuming.
So far I really liked the way S3 succeded to balance "eye candy" and performance. I really hope all tracks won't be updated in the same way as Nurbur. It kills my pleasure to play with RRE.
Again, I have more than decent PC. Being obliged to use mid-low vid settings and at the end having a GTR2 like simulation is a non-sense.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%