Frame Rate

Hi all,

just wanted to get a few benchmarks for FPS.

Wolfdale 3.33 @ 4.01 Ghz
2Gb DDR3 1.6 Ghz
4870 512Mb DDR5
2x 250Gb Raid
P45 Asus Deluxe
onboard 8 channel sound
XP SP3
8.10 Cats

I get some dodgy frame issues when going round corners. Like days of old when GFx cards couldnt render anything other that in a straight line!

Is this an issue with the GTRe engine?

• FelipeFan

I beleieve this is the same problem I've got.

Is it only really in race conditions and when on a practice day it is okay?? Cause if so that's the same as mine.

I just bought a Nvidia 9500 GT graphics card and it changed nothing. However, in rFactor it has changed the stuttering completely so it leads me to belive it's just a bug with GTRe.

I'm just playing on rFactor at the moment until Simbin briongs out a new fix for this bug as it has made the game unplayable for me and GAME have told me I can't bring it back!! ARGH

• Matt Alpeter

mulberrycrush, I can't imagine it's a problem with your computer as it's definitely capable, but seeing as how mine doesn't get the frame rate issues like you, perhaps something is conflicting? I don't know much about ATI/AMD graphics cards, but are those the latest drivers? Have you tried earlier ones? What about backgorund programs running?

to give you a comparison, i'm running:

X2 6400+ @ 3.5GHz
2Gb DDR2
GTX260 SSC
XP SP3

I have V-Sync on, so my frames are never above 60, but never below 55 or so

Hi all,

thanks for the responses.

FelipeFan - it does seem more in races than practice and I am pretty sure it happens with AI race as well as online.

Matt - do you notice any jerkiness at all when driving round corners?

Eric - that could be it. I neve max my settings and this could be an old engine bug that affects some games. I will max out and see if the card handles it better.

One thing though, do you use driver or game settings?

• Matt Alpeter

Matt - do you notice any jerkiness at all when driving round corners?

No I don't. One thing I have noticed since the update, however, is when I look behind me, it is very jerky..which is very bothersome, but not a problem I can fix.

I also have my game settings maxed like Eric

When you are in main menu press Alt+Tab to drop to desktop and then press Alt+Tab again to get back in the game. This "trick" increase my framerate almost 20 frames/second according to Fraps.
I have Ati 4850 and Mid-Ohio´s first corner is the place where I have had some minor stuttering.

peace
Jari

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%