Frame Rate

Hi all,

just wanted to get a few benchmarks for FPS.

Wolfdale 3.33 @ 4.01 Ghz
2Gb DDR3 1.6 Ghz
4870 512Mb DDR5
2x 250Gb Raid
P45 Asus Deluxe
onboard 8 channel sound
XP SP3
8.10 Cats

I get some dodgy frame issues when going round corners. Like days of old when GFx cards couldnt render anything other that in a straight line!

Is this an issue with the GTRe engine?

• Jason Parks

Hi I had a similar problem with FPS in game, using dual core AMD CPU. I changed affinity of the raco_07 process in task manager to just one core, solved my issue. So I then went and installed the AMD dual core optimiser and hey presto FPS constant 60....Hope this helps

Hi I had a similar problem with FPS in game, using dual core AMD CPU. I changed affinity of the raco_07 process in task manager to just one core, solved my issue. So I then went and installed the AMD dual core optimiser and hey presto FPS constant 60....Hope this helps

it has I was thinking to add the 2 cores thinking that only one was added.. but what you mean is, only assign one as 2 cores maybe causing the issue..

it has I was thinking to add the 2 cores thinking that only one was added.. but what you mean is, only assign one as 2 cores maybe causing the issue..

That might be an issue with a slow AMD CPU, but your Wolfdale wont suffer from that.

When you start your game, your OS will assign it to one of your CPUs. As I said before if you have a zillion other applications running while playing it does make sense to make that choice yourself, otherwise with a Wolfdale you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

I have assigned only one and to be honest, it still does it. I have fraps running and it doesnt faulter, the average with everything maxed and V Sync on is 59 fps (60 hz)

It is the jerkiness that you suffer turning out of your pit garage, except only slightly..

• FelipeFan

I wasn't trying to start a new thread!!

My spec's are as follow's:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.9Ghz
ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT
2GB RAM
Maxtor One touch 750GB

ok, I have fixed it. I installed my XFi Gamer Edition soundcard. No issues with frame rate now, all is smooth.

It seems the onboard sound takes to much CPU bandwidth, and bottlenecks it..

cheers for the input all... if you are having the same issues, try installing a soundcard!

ok, I have fixed it. I installed my XFi Gamer Edition soundcard. No issues with frame rate now, all is smooth.

It seems the onboard sound takes to much CPU bandwidth, and bottlenecks it..

cheers for the input all... if you are having the same issues, try installing a soundcard!

That is just crazy:madgrin: Sound taking too much CPU clocks??? Especially the CPU you have??

Nice find!!

yeah, strange. I never had it with realtek on board, this is soundmax.. could be drivers, bios, you name it.. But it is a good example of onboard bad, add on good. I am even thinking of getting a PCIe LAN card, and a new PCIe soundblaster, and free the CPU up even more!

• FelipeFan

I tried to fit my old soundblaster sound card but my computer didn't even recognise it.

It dawned on me though, if the sounds are taking up too much CPU power from the proccessors then couldn't I just turn down the number of simultaneous sounds. I turned it down from 16 (stuttering) down to 8 (no sound difference) and is now running perfectly fine with 100 fps and on ultra graphics settings.

SWEEET

• FelipeFan

Yeah I may invest in one but not at the moment as I've spent a good 200 pounds on my motherboard and graphics card in the last month so my wallet needs abit of a rest!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%