Frame Rate

R

Rick Klomp

• Rick Klomp

hi how can i see what frame rate i have wanna know how good i can get it whit my nvidia 7900 gs

Hello there

I ve also a quite big problem who puzzles me a lot. even when I ve tried the 4 different dlls mentionned on this thread.

I too have a 8800gt 512mo 3gigs of ram and a dual CPU 4400+ AMD with windows vista, running fraps and I have 20 fps on grid with 24 AI and lap runs with 20-35 fps on 1650*1050, so 1st move is to lower a bit graphics and effects, I assume I was too greedy, no improvement at all.. shadows lowered, track distance, track detail, number of visible cars still goes with 20-35 same for other tracks, with doubt I tried with low textures.. and no changes of framerate as well... even with the vsynch on or off

So as a ultimate move I tried to change resolution switching to good old 1024*768 no antialiasing and aniso.. no no mister still 20 fps on start.

Other Simbin games have about the same problem, it's even worse sometimes for GTL but I still run the game in full details everywhere at everypoint..

rFactor runs perfectly smooth strange enough because I tried with some mods 35 IAs max visible cars full details on Mid Ohio 1650*1050 and gets a solid 30-35 fps on worst cases

I tried different drivers, the lastest ones I don't know how to fix this issue

Maybe you would have some tips or clues to help me solving this problem

Thanks in advance

Well no this is not working, maybe my CPU is not good enough.. or the game engine is getting old, I remember having very low fps preformance on the lastest version of nordshleife on rfactor with a lot of AIs, but what questions me is when I lower everything (well havent tried low/1024/with low distance and track detail at 0 I'm sure I would have like 60 fps for sure)

Maybe most of you would have the same fps on Pau, Porto or Vara tracks with 24 cars and maximum detail, I'm just spectulating. since most of addon tracks except mid ohio are getting me acceptable framerates.

anyway thanks for your help, I'm not giving up yet tho maybe there is a miracle solution who knows ;)

Those Sims needs a fast PC...could be the problem.

I run a E8500 now, clocked at 4.0 GHZ, stable !!

That would make a difference ofcourse, its always a combi...slow PC and a 280GTX is not a good combi, fast PC and a slow videocard neither.
And ofcourse fast RAM, great PSU and so...and so on :D

Thats the problem with PC systems, it never ends :)

I see a new nVidia driver every day, using the 177.83...but a 177.89 is out already, after that in SEPT the big bang 180 driver.

Hansje van Hees :thumb:

I got redirected here by google when I searched for "low fps in Race07".

This .dll file everyone speaks of seems to have disappeared since none of the links works. Has anyone still got it?
Perhaps somone would be kind enough to email it to me, because I'm running out of ideas as to why my Race07 runs so incredibly sh*t.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
4.00 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 315 1GB

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm getting desperate here. I want to race properly. :(

If the game is running fine offline but crappy online, then there is likely lag issues or network issues at play here. I am sure you will say that you can download and connect to sites just fine, but what I am talking about you wouldn't see from doing normal internet stuff. I am guessing you are having issues with dropped packets and things like that which will throw the game off sync and cause it to run erratically while online.

Make sure there is nothing else running that uses your network hardware. Basically shut down any and all unneeded programs running in the background. Also make sure that your virus protection isn't doing things in the background while you are connected. For this reason my gaming rig doesn't run virus protection, I just use a router with very good protocols for keeping things out :) You can also do a search to see if there are any freely available programs that will look at your networking and tweak it for performance.

To see if you have dropped packages, ping to a internet adres (prefereably a race server, look via Google for IP's). Make it repeat itself, and see if the results (in miliseconds) is about the same each time. If you have an issue there, it should mention it.

To do so:

Press the windows flag + "r" to open the run box.
Run cmd
You get a black dos box now. On the commant line, enter:

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP adres you want to ping).

To stop the ping's, just press CTRL + C.

If you have a steady connection, no packages should be dropped, and the response time should be around the same every time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back