Frame Rate issues

During a race, if a car crashes and gets turned upside down, I notice a drop in frame rates and a choppiness or stuttering in the game. Even after the offending car disappears from the track the choppiness continues. The game is still playable (somewhat), but it really takes away from the racing experience (not to mention making my eyes go buggy). Is there a fix for this or is it a GTR2 bug that I will just have to live with? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ya, what Bjarne said, try Bill's Process Manager and it will automatically set core affinity (ie. use all cores instead of just one) . You should see a beautiful frame rate increase.

Thank you both for your replies, and I may give that a try. I'm not sure if I really need that tool, since my frame rates are fine, even with 64 cars on the grid, until a car goes off track, ends up upside down with wheels spinning, engine revving. Then things start getting choppy. If the Process Manager reduces or eliminates that, fantastic. Just not sure if it will

I never noticed this kind of issue and in fact never read such an issue ever for years now.
But that's a fact I'm also using Bill's Process Manager ...
In case it should not work, maybe you might maybe use a setting in game ( which most don't use ) causing this particular problem.

And else maybe also another Windows setting or even a tool as MSI Afterburner ( this last one bringing sometimes a problem with XD for example )....

For such a special problem, everything is possible ... even a GPU driver, if this is for you a recently appeared problem.

If you are running normal Gtr2.exe on single core you will be surprised how much more smooth Gtr2 runs on multi core.
it is a different game with regards to FFB when you can run with +120 fps.
I lock my FPS at 180 hz. with dgvoodoo dx9 to dx11dll and reshade on 2560 x1080.
It looks and runs great.
Use Process Lasso but doesn't really matter how you spread the load to multiply cores.

Ok, you guys have sold me on the Process Manager and have downloaded and installed it. Now I need to know how to use it. I opened the program and it all seems pretty straight forward, but I do not see anything in the processes list that relates to GTR2. I hate to ask this (actually what I hate is showing my technological ignorance), but could someone instruct me, step by step, on how to set the priority, affinity, etc. for GTR2? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what that is.

If is is Process Lasso and likely also with Bills Process manager you start gtr2 might be better in windows mode! Then minimize gtr2 and in the process manager find Gtr2.exe and ether allow it to run on all cores or the cores you want it to run on.
Not much advantage running on more than 2 cores but it doesn't harm ether.
I set the priority(s) to High ,but never tested if that really makes any difference.
Then save settings and restart Gtr2 and run it like you normal do.
You should see higher and more stable fps.
Hope this will help your issue.

If it is Bill's Process Manager ... not even needed to start GTR2 !

You first need to launch Process Manager with admin rights ( anyway needed on my Win10 PC ).
Click on "Manage rules and groups", if you just need it for GTR2 1 install click on "Add Rule" ... it will open a new window to search for GTR2.exe, when done .. in the new window, set priority to high and set affinity to the wished number of cores ( 4 in my case ) .... click OK and that's done.

If you have more than 1 install, rather create a group and then in this group create rules one by one for each GTR2 install.

Very important: Bill's Process Manager has to be launched with admin rights before starting GTR2 of course.
There's also an option to make it start automatically with Windows and another one for minimizing it to system tray even if you click close button. ( as it has to remain running as long as you're driving GTR2 ).

Last edited:
If it is Bill's Process Manager ... not even needed to start GTR2 !

You first need to launch Process Manager with admin rights ( anyway needed on my Win10 PC ).
Click on "Manage rules and groups", if you just need it for GTR2 1 install click on "Add Rule" ... it will open a new window to search for GTR2.exe, when done .. in the new window, set priority to high and set affinity to the wished number of cores ( 4 in my case ) .... click OK and that's done.

If you have more than 1 install, rather create a group and then in this group create rules one by one for each GTR2 install.

Very important: Bill's Process Manager has to be launched with admin rights before starting GTR2 of course.
There's also an option to make it start automatically with Windows and another one for minimizing it to system tray even if you click close button. ( as it has to remain running as long as you're driving GTR2 ).

Hello,

I use Runff tool, it start and set the core you wish, and aftet that its close, and is not runing in background!!

Best regards driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years