1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU FR3 @ Zolder - Tues 14Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 14-11-17
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    My apologies for being a no show last night, took a blinding headache about an hour before then was sick so went to bed.

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    @Calvyn White I just watched the replay and your start and I can't stop laughing lol
    Never seen anything like this :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +934
    This is my setup for last night's race not my best but I feel good enough to share. If it's not quite your liking and you're not sure what to do to change it, PM me, tell me what the problem is and I will give you some suggestions in alterations, if you're not that good with that sort of stuff. The blind leading the blind.:roflmao: Positive feedback is welcome.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 2
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +934
    Yeah, I'm going to blame that on the dirty side of the track and nobody told me that I had cold tyres.:whistling: I sometimes do a second gear start in this type of car but obviously I did not this time but for some reason I decided to do immediate right turn followed by immediate left turn and hit, shunted and ploughed into, in between the two walls. So now I can safely say I have the experience of a pinball. It wouldn't have happened if you were all not there, so I guess it makes all your faults.:roflmao:
    Once again I apologize, now let it go.:roflmao:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 3
  5. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    As a comparison, here's my setup. It is quite different from Calvyn's. Personally, I tried more toe and it didn't go well - the car felt way too oversteery. Also, I had a lot more wing, and while I suffered on the straight, I gained quite a lot in turn 1 and 4. As for the rest of the settings (dampers, diff, etc.), I know nothing about this black magic stuff and it is most likely the default settings (I think this was my Imola setup).

I think this is the kind of track that benefits from being very aggressive in certain turns. For instance, turns 1 and 2 require you to keep as much speed as possible, and so I braked a bit while downshifting and coasting a bit, just enough to be back on the throttle on apex (and I think sometimes even before it). Same with turn 4, I only lifted slightly and downshifted to 5th because my 6th was too long. And besides turn 1, I think the lapbreaker is the first chicane. It's tempting to turn into it early, but you're best braking late (I braked at the red/white wall) and attacking it with a sharper angle, and then as soon as you hit the second bump you get back on the throttle.

Anyway, I found hitting those corners right felt more important than setups, but then again, the setup allows you to be more confident in those corners... Man, it feels like all my posts just go in circles lol

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,326
    Appreciate the shared setups :)

Bet you all can guess what I was on :whistling:

• Like Like x 2