1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU FR3 @ Zolder - Tues 14Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 14-11-17
  1. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +706
    Same question ?

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    (My guess would be just come to TS and ask there and it will be OK, but I obviously can't speak for the staff.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +365
    Great fun guys! Had maybe the best quali of my sim life till know :thumbsup:. But then that bloody chicane after that other bloody chicane... :roflmao:

Hope I didn't messed up to much of the places for you guys. :redface:
    I rejoined at a more familiar place for me. :thumbsup::D

But I am too tired and not concentrated enough anymore to do race 2. And I think somehow my push to talk didn't worked properly for TS. So it could easily be that you suddenly saw me disappearing without hearing me noticing it on TS. :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Luan Garcia

Luan Garcia
    Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    Nice combo of car + track. It was fun, but I changed my setup 5 mins before the race and I just couldn`t stay insidie the track. I hoped I could have a better race 2, but the game crashed :(

Thank you for the race guys!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz

Ratings:
    +241
    Ugh... This is what happens when you try to race after a few weeks with a car and track you never tried before. First race was a snails pace learning. I got waaaay too confident in the second one resulting in chaotic driving, cutting and 3 different contacts. Apologies to Garcia whom I had contact with twice in race 2.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Good race guys, it was fun with lots of action! @Joeks kept me on my toes for 20 mins in race 2, awesome pace! Same to you @Steve Le Gallez , you were really fast! See you on Thursday!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Joeks

Joeks
    Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Great racing..awesome:D! I quess 2nd place is 1st loser..:roflmao: Twice! Haha..incredible pace winners:O_o:Tnx!

Grtz, Jer

• Like Like x 4
  8. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    First of all sorry about the demolition Derby at the start of the race, it had very little to do with me except it had everything to do with me .:roflmao:
    Despite coming off the track in the first race I enjoyed the challenge of working my way up to 9th and having a little kiss at the back end sending me into a wall. Second race was pretty much the same got shunted in the back end, again. Was hoping to be more upfront during the race but still enjoyable and challenging enough to make it very fun.
    Thank you for the race "gentlemen" and I would appreciate it you all stop staring at my back of my car, it's not as sexy as you think, so no kissing.:roflmao:
    Congrats to the podium finishes and all, see you in the next one.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Great racing guys, that was fun! Fluked a podium in race one which was nice, and was running a comfortable 6th in race two until an excursion across the gravel granted me a drive-through! A bit harsh methinks! But nevermind, it was good racing and that's what counts. :thumbsup:

See you Thursday! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    All I know I got disqualified in second race as I didn't go pit-stop drive-through. Why I got drive-through penalty, I have no Idea and I don't know when I got it...

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Great couple of races, thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Sorry about my late start in the first one, I somehow forgot to put the car in gear... :rolleyes: And I almost did it again in the second one as well - I *did* put it in gear this time, but talking on TS, I almost missed the green light :whistling:

Other than that and a few hairy moments it was great fun, I had plenty of battles throughout the races and thanks to both Ross and Tariq in front of me somehow making a mistake (independently on each other I believe) I even managed to finish in 5th, which I consider a solid success, given how tough the competition was tonight :)

(BTW, @Calvyn White , sorry about that "cheater" comment...I was obviously joking, but my sense of humour is definitely not for everyone and I do sometimes blurt out something before even considering if it's appropriate at the moment. And you probably weren't in a joking mood after receiving that penalty.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    I too did get a drive-through penalty but it was after a warning. I'm not sure if it is taken into account or not. I did get the drive-through penalty for exceeding the track limits and I mean by quite a bit.

13. Kuba Oczos

Kuba Oczos
    Snoopy Premium

Ratings:
    +91
    Really liked this FR3, it is not as challenging as higher tier bolids and gives so much fun to unexperienced driver. Did 7th in quali, driving this car for a first time so huge succes for me. But the race is a pain like always. This time being cautious but things I am missing is still race consistency and confidency, especially adapting to tire wear. Too much off-road :p
    Somehow I seem to like Zolder too, just hating the first chicane, especially if you cut a bit too much :D

Thanks and see you on Thursday :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Me too. Totally messed up the first corner by not braking, went right across the gravel, onto the pit lane, and back onto the track. Drive-through! How harsh is that? I must have lost at least 20 seconds already! :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    Pretty much the same as me in the same spot but not by that much but it was enough to get the drive thru.
    I wish it was based on, if any advantage was gained as I can only see both our circumstances we lost probably 5 seconds or more in both incidents but only be punished by further 20 seconds +.
    A tad over the top strict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    Didn't even notice. I must have been going really really fast to be called a cheater, so I'm going to take it as a compliment. I should go more cheater (faster) in the future.:roflmao::thumbsup:. No offence taken.:thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,447
    Well, that was a bit of a dud.
    R1 was boring as hell. I had company on the first and last two laps, otherwise I was poodling around on my own. Managed to grab P7 simply by missing all the cars spinning around. :D
    R2 start was.....Well, when your spotter calls "car right" that means you can't cut right into the apex, okay? ;)
    Didn't have any race-breaking contact but I was being bounced around like a pinball through the first 3-4 corners.
    After everything settled down a bit, I decided to see if @Calvyn White really did have a target on the rear of his car. :whistling:
    I really am sorry. I knew you were faster than me, so your braking-point into the first chicane took me completely by surprise.
    (no target by the way, but I did spot a few bananas :D )

• Haha Haha x 2
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    BTW @Jopamir mentioned trying my setup on YouTube...I don't really think my setup is worth sharing, I really don't know much of what I'm actually doing, but for convenience and if anyone's interested anyway, here it is (it's a fairly high downforce setup).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,326
    Good battle with @Joeks in the race, was leading the first 15mins with him less than 1s behind. He got past me after I had a poor line and exit through the first chicane, but spun off there just 1 lap later. Made for rather comfortable driving in the final 2 laps.
    You were quite strong on the brakes, gained about 0.5s in each of the chicanes. That in mind, I'm not quite sure how I managed to put it on pole. Didn't have any trust in the car under braking at all.

Edit: also what happened at the start? Just saw in my mirrors that cars were shooting straight across the track.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  20. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +365
    By the way @Calvyn White, forgot to mention it but I was just in time to hear your setup. I had to remember it because I was still loading the MP... But that was one hell of a brilliant setup which worked very good for me! Thank you for sharing it on TS! It made me overall about 2 seconds faster! And the car was way more stable to drive! :inlove::thumbsup:

It was only me for myself who was the unstable factor in the car... :roflmao::p

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1