RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Scott_H I had the same problem. Switched chairs - problem solved. Pulling the wheels should work too.
How are you securing your brake pedals? I used an old Amazon box for spacing between the pedals and the wall. :thumbsup:
I have bolted my pedals to a anti-static mat and have the chair sitting on the mat. With a load cell on the brake pedal it needs securing!

@calvyn
I can see now that I was completely right.
And you are even uber evil!:sneaky:
Because now you are also bullying me with your (old) age.
Hehe but I will not spoil your lil bully party by telling you who is oldest :whistling:
But I will see if I can let the laptime speak for me - ofcourse also in the V10.:ninja:

@David
I have said it before - that if I just could keep my eyes open at your fu** US racetimes - then I would gladly join.
But because Im not a teenager anymore then I will probably die if I try to stay up the whole night. :unsure:

@Scott_H Don't know where you live but I have a complete homemade rig sitting in my house not being used. It's all yours if we can figure out how to get it to you if you have room for it. Not much help if you aren't near Utah but the offer is there if you find you can use it. If that doesn't work, I can show you how to make one very cheaply that is solid as a rock. (that goes for anyone who wants it)

Reactions: DND
@calvyn
I can see now that I was completely right.
And you are even uber evil!:sneaky:
Because now you are also bullying me with your (old) age.
Hehe but I will not spoil your lil bully party by telling you who is oldest :whistling:
But I will see if I can let the laptime speak for me - ofcourse also in the V10.:ninja:
Evil and a bully. And all I thought I was an obnoxious gloating big head amongst other things.
I see that you've improved on your time since your last message and I'm sorry to inform you since my last message I've improved on my time. But I feel certain I have nothing left to get from this car well not in my hands anyway. As we all know there's always somebody faster. ;)

As for the times of the races they are at the same time in Europe as they are in the United States. 20:00 obviously. 2 in the morning for me probably 4 for you.
Extremely late or extremely early depending on the way you look at it. But there are some good events and with nice people. It's probably worth taking a nap setting an alarm, taking part and having fun right up to the point you fall asleep on your first pit stop.:sleep:
But its been said a good pot of coffee or a couple of pints of tea should do the trick.

V8 car setup update. FASTER

Attachments

• rformula_rr_90_v8_road_america.svm
    7.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
My comment about the fu** US racing times was mostly ment as a joke.:D
Because I can remember from my days in the US based FSB league that there was/is no solution for the time difference.
They were running races saturday evening at 22.00 eastern which translated to about 3-4 oclock in the morning here in Denmark.
So thats roughly about the same time as DeGreef is running his races.:)

Hehe when I get tired of (trying to) top most of the LBs in the FR90xx I will have to practice both pitstops but also test out how fuel and tire wear does influence Raceroom cars.
Because I have never given a damn "racing" with the AIbots - so I have zero experience conserning pitstops and fuel/tires.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: In the sim they used in the FSB league (NR2003/GTP mod) everybody could make a faultless pitstop. In Raceroom its a complete mess(IMO).:sneaky:

V8 car setup update. FASTER
This shows how individual setup tweaking actually is.;)
Using your first published setup with some minor tweaking of the wings/spoilers Im comparabel fast to my own setup.
Using your new (even with likewise changes) Im much slower.:sleep:
The difference is probably both driving style - and the fact that I use a fully (non-FFB) handcontrolled wheel (because of leg injuries) so I have to have a setup which is cornering/rotating by itself - even if I just think about it.:geek:
Because its impossible to control the thr/br and shift if the wheel has to be twisted more than a few degrees(about +- 30-40).:mad:

The Porsche I do not like. A bit unpredictable. It appears to think it can see the race track going in another direction and decides it's going that way. This car should be called Herbie 934 turbo RSR as it's got a mind of its own. And it did what it wanted, when it felt like it, little :poop: :p.

The BMW is much more agreeable to a degree. But now and again it makes the decision where it wants to go but not as bad as Herbie. I suppose you could call the BMW KITT but without the lip.:roflmao:
This combo will put your skills to the test and that is half the fun of it.
But be prepared to die several times.:cry:

Recommendations.
Go slow, be consistent, concentrate, try not to use the brake or throttle, pray to your god, cut as many corners as you can, bribe Ross to add another car such as the Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport. :roflmao:
But joking aside have fun. Here is my BMW top LB setup.

Attachments

• 2020-01-14_02-46-59_bmw_m1_gr_4.svm
    7.3 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years