US FR X-90 @ Road America - Tue Jan 21 2020

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: FR X-90
Track: Road America

Tuesday Jan 21, 2020
Practice: 21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (two tires min)

Entry List - Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef V8
  2. stevem
  3. SOLO59
  4. Scott_H
  5. SPC15
  6. 2112
  7. sc4dr
  8. brc19
  9. Rory Wetherington
  10. Keith_G
  11. ko41
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 20

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:

SOLO59

500RPM
Premium
Dec 15, 2011
Sign me up please! Haven't done these events in a while. Haven't driven this car yet, but love me some Road America

• Love
Reactions: David DeGreef

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Sign me up please! Haven't done these events in a while. Haven't driven this car yet, but love me some Road America
Good to have you join us again and you're in luck as we will be having back to back weeks at Road America... so clear the calendar.;)

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
I don't know if this setup will be any use.
The V8 is probably the slowest of the 3 but makes up it for being the most stable. The set-up is at the top of the leaderboard at the moment but I suspect that will change.

Hope to get the V10 and V12 setups made and I will post them if I have the time and if they're any good.

Attachments

Last edited:

BrunoB

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
The set-up is at the top of the leaderboard at the moment but I suspect that will change.
Oh you evil man.:mad:
I considered that position as mine.:rolleyes:
Now I have to roll my FR90xx´s out on that track again - to see if I can squeeze a few mili secs more out of these cars.
Dammit - because the track is a bit boring me think.:sleep:

I tested your setup.
Its VERY stable - Very.:thumbsup:
But too much understeer to my stile.
But after changing the spoilers I was even able to get around the carousel without too much massage of the throttle.
So thank you - but only for the setup.:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Calvyn White

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Evil me evil. No no no that's not me.
I mean it's not like I was rubbing it in I'm faster than you or anything which I am by the way. Which isn't too bad for a 60-year old man that's faster than you. With dodgy limbs, right knee, right ankle, right shoulder, right elbow and not right in the head. But still faster than you. And using a keyboard as well. Ok, that one is bull :poop:.

Not for one for rubbing it in gloating or bragging as you can see. But you might want to check out the V10s I'm a little quicker than you in that as well which has plenty of room for improvement.:sneaky:

The V12s haven't really gotten around to that one yet but I'm hoping to, aren't you?.:roflmao:;)

Good luck @BrunoB I hope you can better the time I do like a challenge. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BrunoB

BrunoB

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
@calvyn
I can see now that I was completely right.
And you are even uber evil!:sneaky:
Because now you are also bullying me with your (old) age.
Hehe but I will not spoil your lil bully party by telling you who is oldest :whistling:
But I will see if I can let the laptime speak for me - ofcourse also in the V10.:ninja:

@David
I have said it before - that if I just could keep my eyes open at your fu** US racetimes - then I would gladly join.
But because Im not a teenager anymore then I will probably die if I try to stay up the whole night. :unsure:

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
@calvyn
I can see now that I was completely right.
And you are even uber evil!:sneaky:
Because now you are also bullying me with your (old) age.
Hehe but I will not spoil your lil bully party by telling you who is oldest :whistling:
But I will see if I can let the laptime speak for me - ofcourse also in the V10.:ninja:
Evil and a bully. And all I thought I was an obnoxious gloating big head amongst other things.
I see that you've improved on your time since your last message and I'm sorry to inform you since my last message I've improved on my time. But I feel certain I have nothing left to get from this car well not in my hands anyway. As we all know there's always somebody faster. ;)

As for the times of the races they are at the same time in Europe as they are in the United States. 20:00 obviously. 2 in the morning for me probably 4 for you.
Extremely late or extremely early depending on the way you look at it. But there are some good events and with nice people. It's probably worth taking a nap setting an alarm, taking part and having fun right up to the point you fall asleep on your first pit stop.:sleep:
But its been said a good pot of coffee or a couple of pints of tea should do the trick.

V8 car setup update. FASTER

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Jopamir and BrunoB

BrunoB

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
My comment about the fu** US racing times was mostly ment as a joke.:D
Because I can remember from my days in the US based FSB league that there was/is no solution for the time difference.
They were running races saturday evening at 22.00 eastern which translated to about 3-4 oclock in the morning here in Denmark.
So thats roughly about the same time as DeGreef is running his races.:)

Hehe when I get tired of (trying to) top most of the LBs in the FR90xx I will have to practice both pitstops but also test out how fuel and tire wear does influence Raceroom cars.
Because I have never given a damn "racing" with the AIbots - so I have zero experience conserning pitstops and fuel/tires.

ByTheWay: In the sim they used in the FSB league (NR2003/GTP mod) everybody could make a faultless pitstop. In Raceroom its a complete mess(IMO).:sneaky:

Reactions: Calvyn White

BrunoB

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
V8 car setup update. FASTER
This shows how individual setup tweaking actually is.;)
Using your first published setup with some minor tweaking of the wings/spoilers Im comparabel fast to my own setup.
Using your new (even with likewise changes) Im much slower.:sleep:
The difference is probably both driving style - and the fact that I use a fully (non-FFB) handcontrolled wheel (because of leg injuries) so I have to have a setup which is cornering/rotating by itself - even if I just think about it.:geek:
Because its impossible to control the thr/br and shift if the wheel has to be twisted more than a few degrees(about +- 30-40).:mad:

Keith_G

500RPM
Premium
Mar 17, 2013
Well I'm back earlier than expected so I will join you tonight for this lovely combination. Slow as usual but very wide.

• Love
Reactions: David DeGreef